Hoping to gain approval

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

dmack585
Imperial Recruit
4poziom.waw.pl

Hoping to gain approval

Post by dmack585 »

Hey everyone, my name is Daniel. I live in central Illinois, and am hoping to gain approval into the 501st Midwest Garrison. I've painstakingly scoured the web and have my mind set on a TK kit. I'm thinking that I'm gonna go with ATA, I could be wrong, but don't many 501st members troop ATA? if so, that would be a good foundation for approval, right? Also I apologize if this has been covered time and time again, I'm a noob here. :mrgreen: any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

dmack585
Imperial Recruit

Re: Hoping to gain approval

Post by dmack585 »

Side note: I will be at the pekin marigold festival in case any members will be there wearing ATA that I could see up close

beans
Garrison Event Coordinator
501st Legion ID: 4541

Post by beans »

Hi Daniel!! Welcome to the MWG boards, thanks for introducing yourself :) Yes, ATA is a great kit and lots of 501st/MWG members troop in this armor. Choosing an armor kit really depends on your build and your budget. If you fit the size parameters for an ATA, then I'd definitely recommend it!

I believe TK265 is planning to be at the Marigold Festival on Saturday, and he has an ATA kit. I'll check and see if he is planning to wear his TK or clone armor.

Best of luck with your build, and please feel free to hop on here and ask for help if you have any questions along the way! I'm sure you've already found it, but whitearmor.net is a fantastic source of info as well.

BLUERAM
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 4265

Post by BLUERAM »

Hi Daniel! I live in Pekin and the coordinator for our involvement at the Marigold Festival. Feel free to contact me for more info on what we will be doing and when...we could use some nerf dart wranglers and gun loaders for one of our activities if you are interested. I also have been doing weekly mini armor parties that you are welcome to attend. Looking forward to meeting you.

Mark

dmack585
Imperial Recruit

Post by dmack585 »

Thanks for the swift responses guys! Beans, I'm roughly 5'7" (do your best to hold your "little short for a Stormtrooper jokes) :oops: and about 165lbs. Which I think should work for ATA. feedback please. Also blueram, I live in pekin as well, do you own ATA?

beans
501st Legion ID: 4541

Post by beans »

Hey I won't make any short TK jokes, I'm 5'5'' and proudly sport my white armor ;)

Yeah ATA sounds like a great option for ya!!

dmack585
Imperial Recruit

Post by dmack585 »

Thanks for the info Beans.

BLUERAM
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by BLUERAM »

dmack585 wrote: Also blueram, I live in pekin as well, do you own ATA?
No, I have a ESB Fett and Biker Scout... I had an FX suit and sold it for the more comfortable Scout.

dmack585
Imperial Recruit

Post by dmack585 »

BLUERAM wrote:...we could use some nerf dart wranglers and gun loaders for one of our activities if you are interested. I also have been doing weekly mini armor parties that you are welcome to attend. Looking forward to meeting you.

Mark
Thanks for the invitation Mark. If you could send me a PM with details on the festival and the armor parties I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks a whole lot guys!

BlackSun51
Garrison Webmaster
Garrison Webmaster
501st Legion ID: 41551

Post by BlackSun51 »

Welcome!

This is the place to be.
-Eric Werner

Duty. Honor. Empire.

Rebel Doughboy
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9336

Post by Rebel Doughboy »

I love my armor. It was first generation ATA. His ABS is awesome, and holds up well. Quite a few of us from the 5'7"-5'9" TK's here. I am 5'8" in costume. You learn to roll with the punches. Honestly, screen armor looks better on us anyways...more proportional and all that jazz. Plus there are about 5 of us in that height range, so having 6 of us rolling up in the same height bracket is pretty rad.

Talk to Steve Gaza (Gazmosis), and Javier Esqueda (TK265), or even myself with questions fitting the ATA.

You won't regret it. Plus you'll be able to fit in RS armor when that day comes.
Many bothans died to bring you this post...the tearing of ligaments and almost the loss of a TK's finger...

BigPapaKev
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9255

Post by BigPapaKev »

Sweet, another short guy!!!! Greetings from Washington from a 5'7", 175 lb biker scout/imperial gunner & very soon Tie pilot. A good friend, Eric is also about that height as well. He is in the process of building a Clone, so maybe you guys can work together a little bit. Mark is our "go to" guy in Central IL so don't hesitate picking his brain.

Just because your armor isn't completed, we'd love to let you help out at the Marigold Fest. Should be a great time.
Sorry Lord Vader but the ability to destroy a planet IS significant.

dmack585
Imperial Recruit

Post by dmack585 »

Thanks for the support guys, glad to know that, "a little short for a Stormtrooper." Is a little shorter than I thought :mrgreen: and I'd love to help out at the festival however I can, just let me know what I can do to help

BLUERAM
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by BLUERAM »

PM sent :D

Dirty Scout
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1692

Post by Dirty Scout »

Welcome to the MWG boards.

Glad to see another TK in the area. Mark is a great helper with costumes! I live just across the river from you!

Kent
Kent Heath
MWG Garrison Guard
MWG Charity Rep

"Go mbeidh an forsa leat"- May the Force Be With You.

501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 7696

Post by 138 »

nice.. central il :)

welcome .. :wink:
i'm so far from normal.
and it's funny cause that's where i live!!!!
#transparency