New trooper looking to register w/501st

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

gazmosis
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 4034

New trooper looking to register w/501st

Post by gazmosis »

Hey there troopers!
I am following orders to contact my MWG lead officer to get the ball rolling on registering for my TK # in the 501st. Please let me know to whom I need to speak and send photos of my armor. The troops at FISD think I could get centurion status so with that sweet news I'd like to get things moving forward.
Thanks!
Steve
TK ?

TK118
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 118

Re: New trooper looking to register w/501st

Post by TK118 »

Hello steve.. WELCOME to the MWG!

You need to talk to Aimee TB101, or Whinter our XO or Damian TK 826 our Membership officer :)

Glad to have you in the group. & hope you make it out to the Bartlett parade!

gazmosis
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by gazmosis »

I will contact them now!!!
Thanks

Fleetfang
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 8968

Post by Fleetfang »

Welcome to the 501st, Steve!
To follow up on 118's post, you should send your approval photos (full-body: front, left, right, back, and one with your "bucket" off) to Damian Jorgensen, our Garrison Membership Liaison. It wouldn't be bad to CC Aimee (our Commanding Officer) and Cheryl (our Executive Officer, aka second-in-command/vice-president/what-you-will) on that email, too. For your convenience, I've pasted their contact emails below.

It's great that the FISD folks think your costume is up to snuff! But, of course, it's Damian's trained eye that will give you your official approval for our Garrison. If you need to make any adjustments, he will point them out to you. Once you've brought everything up to Legion standards, Damian will then pass the word on to the Legion Membership Officer who deals with the management of world-wide numbers and access. The whole process could take a day, or it might be a week or two, so remember to try to be patient. ;)

Garrison Commanding Officer GCO Aimee Jorgensen "TB0101" tb-0101@comcast.net
Garrison Executive Officer GXO Cheryl Whitaker "Whinter" Jedigeek@comcast.net
Garrison Membership Liaison GML Damian Jorgensen "TS826" tk826@comcast.net

Joining the 501st can mean as much or as little to you as you like. For some, it's something to do for a kick once or twice a year. For others, it becomes a way of life and a pathway to making the world a better place on a daily basis. Regardless of how involved you plan to be, I think you'll be hard pressed to find a better extended family than the one you're about to join in the Midwest Garrison. Life-long friendships and adventures await!
Brian Troyan __________________________ Fleetfang
TB-8968/TK-8968/IG-8968/BH-8968/ID-8968/DZ-8968
501st Legion Public Relations Officer (2012-2017)
Midwest Garrison Commanding Officer (2013-2017)
"Think of the solution, not the problem."

501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 7696

Post by 138 »

Well said fang '

WELCOME to the M.W.G.
Steve '
whare is your location ? If I may ;)
i'm so far from normal.
and it's funny cause that's where i live!!!!
#transparency

gazmosis
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by gazmosis »

Yes, Fang did hit it on the head!!! It has been such a pleasure to have experienced all the steps along the way that have lead up to this point. Although I am not yet numerically part of the family, I feel like a part. All the great information and kind words so freely given just makes a guy feel at home. It has been a long, hard road to get to this point. Two years ago (or 34 years ago in May of '77) began my challenge. I was at 256 lbs. and did not want to alter a set of armor or look like the Michelin tire guy. So I made a decision for me and my family. Everyone thought I was nuts when they found out my motivation was to fit into stormtrooper armor but people are motivated differently. I needed a little therapy that I found over at FISD after my Dad passed away on Mother's Day '09. The kindness and outreach was something else! It was more than enough motivation to keep me going and here I am. I went from 256 in May of '09 to 210 one week ago on my birthday (May 27). Although I still need a little side shim(and one on my left thigh-????), all the calves, and forearms fit. I am still with it and all will fit right soon enough. I will hope to see you all at upcoming events. I live just west of Chicago in Naperville, Il.
Thanks to all who helped me along the way!
Steve ImageImage[/img]

Remo
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1659

Post by Remo »

Looking good and welcome.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams".

Rebel Doughboy
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9336

Post by Rebel Doughboy »

What armor make is that? TM?

Oh, and welcome to the party that is the MWG. Love the E-11 and rubber handplates.
Many bothans died to bring you this post...the tearing of ligaments and almost the loss of a TK's finger...

gazmosis
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by gazmosis »

Thanks for the kudos, bud! Before I was deep into the world of the 501st, I did a lot of business with a guy who sold helmet kits (just the face and cap-n-back) I built and sold many of these helmets as a hobby and just cause they were so darn cool. I found out through picture comparisons (after reading the hundreds of threads on FISD) that this was TE because of the repairs that needed to be done on the brow line, teeth, and above the rear, left trap. I was more thrilled when he released an entire set of armor. Since I was still too heavy to wear armor, I bought, built and sold several sets also as a hobby. The last one I bought I decided was going to be for me. Then I discovered the negativity that was recasting. I found that the guy who I had bought all these wonderful helmets and armor was one of these "recasters". Although he never said he was an original nor did he make any claims, his armor was recasted and thats that. With that in hand, I decided that there are those that will do jail time to prevent recasting and those that are in it for the hobby. Plus, all the time I spent painting, polishing, building, strapping etc........I wasn't going to get rid of it. I won't advertise that it is recasted armor, however I accept the responsibility that it is.
As for weapons, I love to build them, too. The E-11 has resin : butt cap, handle, scope, muzzle and rear sight. The rest was scratch built. Including the counter and power cells. I also decided to that I needed a DLT-19. Decomissioned ones were a bit pricey, but there WAS an outfit on Ebay that was selling resin parts for one. So I bout the muzzle, trigger/handle, and top cover. I also was lucky enough to find a real bipod. It came out pretty cool.ImageImageImageImageImage