The Double Agent! Cadet from Chicago 'burbs

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

Rebel Doughboy
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 9336

The Double Agent! Cadet from Chicago 'burbs

Post by Rebel Doughboy »

Gutentag everyone!

I am the Doughboy, and glad I'm now on this forum! I finally acted on my life long dream to become a member of the 501st and Rebel Legion as a Rebel Fleet Trooper AND Stormtrooper! Ever since the concert at Rivinia, when I saw you guys in the real deal, screen accurate costumes (first ever for me) I could barely contain myself. After being immersed into the forums boards thanks to Phyllis, I continue to really enjoy reading the boards. I am 17 (this last September 2nd) and will apply for official membership next September. I post on the Rebel Legion forums, The Rebel Legion Midwest Base, and FISD. As my nickname suggests I am a military history afcionado for sure! I also have a full WWI kit, all dating 1917 or 1912, and all other odds and ends.

I was surfin the boards eariler today and got all giddy with excitement hearing that the Star Wars in Concert is coming to the United Center December 6th!!!

My Stormtrooper kit is ATA (thanks Terrell, it's awesome!), and got a lot of trimming done this weekend atop of all the other stuff going on. Just holding the trimmed pieces is a experiance in it's own :D Ordered boots, got a belt from firebladejedi, new lens from Smitty, a holster from Bernard, decals from TK-4510, and loads of other goodies. So it's basically down to me trying to put this together...definitly relying on the FISD, reading down the letter of the respective builds over yonder.

So far, the only things I don't have for the kit is the little metal clamps for the Thermal Det, and the various paints. Thanks to all the Troopers over at FISD who have helpd a lot.

Really looking forward to begin my Imperial tour of duty with what it seems one of the best garrisions in the whole 501st! Lucky me :wink:

Cheers,
Kevin
Many bothans died to bring you this post...the tearing of ligaments and almost the loss of a TK's finger...

Darth Raizzar
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 6312

Post by Darth Raizzar »

Welcome aboard Kevin. 8)

Your enthusiasm is something we all can relate to

Maybe someone can hook you up with one of our up, and coming armor parties
8)

Rebel Doughboy
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by Rebel Doughboy »

Thanks Darth Raizzar, I find it funny how quickly Star Wars props can revert me back to being 6 years old again.

I am guessing here, as a Armor party is where a bunch of the MWG troopers get together and work on gear? I can relate with similar events with Civil War reenacting, though the idea of getting with a ton of fellow fans and working with the pro's on armor is a awesome idea. Great to be welcomed here :)
Many bothans died to bring you this post...the tearing of ligaments and almost the loss of a TK's finger...

Whinter
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 3127

Post by Whinter »

Rebel Doughboy wrote: I am guessing here, as a Armor party is where a bunch of the MWG troopers get together and work on gear? Great to be welcomed here :)
Yep. That's exactly it. And you are indeed welcome to join us! It would be great to have you there. Welcome to the MWG, Kevin!

Any questions? Just ask away and we'll try to help ya the best we can! :D

Sands
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 1590

Post by Sands »

Welcome. Let me know if you want to go TD.

Rebel Doughboy
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by Rebel Doughboy »

Thanks, hopefully I can make one these parties, at my current progress rate I should be done by Halloween. Sands I am doing a clean white shinin TK.

How many rivets does a TK need? I am thinking of just getting a package of them, Jean Rivets from Jo-anns.

Are all the metal parts on the TK painted? Or some like on the side of the Ab?

Sands
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by Sands »

How is the ATA armor? I just got done making a ATA helmet. I know it's a recast 4th gen.

Rebel Doughboy
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by Rebel Doughboy »

The details are sharp and my favorite is the helmet. I was thinking this or a FX kit, one of the troopers from Alaska suggested ATA due to my size,a dn test fitting is great. Lining up the TE2 and ATA helmets beat all the others IMHO, well with my limited experaince and looking at side by pics over at FISD.

It's HIPS so I can't do many stunts, if any. In the future I plan on getting a FX kit for stunts, and the ATA for more official events.

Sands
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by Sands »

Love the bucket and the price but it is very small.

River
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 3166

Post by River »

Greetings Doughboy,

and welcome to the MWG. it sounds like you've hooked up with our WI brothers and sisters. they are a good bunch and will help you out.

Yes we do have two armor parties one toward the end of this month and one in the middle of next (I believe) we also have a little 'get together' come friday the 30th.

If you wish, find me on facebook and I can send you invites to them. I know we'd love to have you come out and meet up with other fellow troopers. especially sandman, he's quite a 'party in the box' LOL

anyway, we are quite the helpful bunch. If anyone else can offer you advice or assistance please feel free to reach out to us.

Otherwise,
Welcome Aboard Trooper! :)

-River
TROOP! For a cause. What do YOU troop for?

Rebel Doughboy
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by Rebel Doughboy »

Thanks River, I appreaciate it! Great Rex by the way, pretty darn awesome rig you have!

While the bucket is on the small side, for my budget it either that or the FX lid, I went with a full ATA kit, and being of a smaller frame, it's suits me well. I haven't started on the lid yet, too much fear, and not enough time between the many school comitments, I would my rather just sit, and enjoy my build.

How people use the Hasbro blaster versus PVC? I saw the Italien troopers tricked out E-11 with a Plecter soundboard. Man I wish could afford that at the moment. I going to do a toy with a Doopydoos resin kit...

I recently became a fan of the MWG's FB page, so I'll add you cool cats for sure :)

River
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by River »

Rebel Doughboy wrote:Thanks River, I appreaciate it! Great Rex by the way, pretty darn awesome rig you have!

While the bucket is on the small side, for my budget it either that or the FX lid, I went with a full ATA kit, and being of a smaller frame, it's suits me well. I haven't started on the lid yet, too much fear, and not enough time between the many school comitments, I would my rather just sit, and enjoy my build.

How people use the Hasbro blaster versus PVC? I saw the Italien troopers tricked out E-11 with a Plecter soundboard. Man I wish could afford that at the moment. I going to do a toy with a Doopydoos resin kit...

I recently became a fan of the MWG's FB page, so I'll add you cool cats for sure :)
DB,

get with Sandman if you can, he's got lots of tips for TK buckets he's already made 3 or 4

as for Rex, I cannot take full credit, Rex is really a compliment to the assistance one can hope to receive here at the MWG. I was hlelped by 4 troopers,
PQ Higgins
Rob Miller
Eric Schuerman
and Tom Schaefer.

these 4 troopers helped me finish rex, albeit it was an arduous task. So if you ever are looking to do clone let me know. I learned a lot from these guys and am willing to share my teachings.

until then, i look forward to receiving your friend request.

-River

Rebel Doughboy
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by Rebel Doughboy »

Thanks River, just added ya. I am following TK-4510's thread very closly in the FISD currently...I'll PM Sandman and post progression pics on here too...

Just looking at the Bartlett pictures, that Death Star is majorily cool! And that's one great C3P0 118, always one of my favorite customes to see. I probably will be joining you folks next year at the parade, in a un-official capacity, anything I can do to help the community and cause.

TK321
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 321

Post by TK321 »

I find it funny how quickly Star Wars props can revert me back to being 6 years old again
That only mean's you're acting 2 years older than most of the members here! :lol:
(in the case of River it's more like 4, but I digress.) :roll:

Welcome to the MWG
Rob, Robb, Robert, Robby.
So many personalities, so little time.

Sands
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by Sands »

TK321 wrote:
I find it funny how quickly Star Wars props can revert me back to being 6 years old again
That only mean's you're acting 2 years older than most of the members here! :lol:

Welcome to the MWG

River
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by River »

TK321 wrote:

Welcome to the MWG

:dance: :dance: :dance:

YYEEAAAHHHH BABAY!!!