Hello again Midwest Garrison

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

TK8049
501st Member
501st Member
4poziom.waw.pl

Hello again Midwest Garrison

Post by TK8049 »

One of my 1st troops was with you guys at a WWC years ago. I believe it was the year we made Jan Dursemma an honorary member. Well I missed a few years but I am coming back to WWC this year. Any chance of a patch trade goin on? I'll bring mine if you bring yours! Even if theres not it will be good to see all of you again. You guys were the first troops i ever seen in person and it was obviously a life changing moment. See you soon.

seven skulls
501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 6773

WW

Post by seven skulls »

I'm looking forward to seeing the garrison in action at WW.
I expect it to be an interesting and informative day.
I am so new I have yet to see anyone in costume.
SS

River
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 3166

Re: Hello again Midwest Garrison

Post by River »

TK8049 wrote:One of my 1st troops was with you guys at a WWC years ago. I believe it was the year we made Jan Dursemma an honorary member. Well I missed a few years but I am coming back to WWC this year. Any chance of a patch trade goin on? I'll bring mine if you bring yours! Even if theres not it will be good to see all of you again. You guys were the first troops i ever seen in person and it was obviously a life changing moment. See you soon.
Hey there Trooper,

Well we are definitly always looking forward to meeting new and old troopers at ANY troop!

Can you give some of us newer troopers a little background of ya? I'm assuming you're not in the MWG anymore? What made you want to join the 501st? Inquring minds want to know! :)

-River
TROOP! For a cause. What do YOU troop for?

TB 0101
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 101

Post by TB 0101 »

Hey, Darrell! We'll be glad to see ya at WW!

Are you bringing your armor up by any chance?

*I've fixed your board permissions so the WW planning area should be open to you now. If it doesn't appear, try ether logging out then in again, or cleaning out your temp internet files and trying again.

TK8049
501st Member
501st Member

Post by TK8049 »

Well my name is Darrell Hargrove and I am 41 yrs old. I live in Barlow,KY(near Paducah if youve ever heard of it). I have never lived in Ill. but aorund the year 2000 I got a really strong urge to go to a BIG comic convention so me n some friends went to WWC and thats where I first laid eyes on beautiful, glorious stormtrooper armor!!!! I waited 5 yrs before finally gettin my own. My 1st big troop after submitting to the Legion was WWC 2005. I didn't have my numbers yet and was a little nervous. One of your members came over and said everything looks good and that really made feel great.I can't remember his name though.Blonde hair, early to mid 30s,married, I know he has a 501st card and I had it at one time. Anyways I believe we were in the SW panel at the show and one of the guys said were making Jan an honorary member and asked if I wanted to be a part of it. I said sure as I'm thinkin WOW first troop. Got in the panel!!! Honorary members!!! This is freakin awesome!!! I believe I went to WWC 2006 but didn't bring armor or if I did I didn't troop very long. Meanwhile down here in Paducah i have recruited 8 more members to the Legion and we have 1 inactive(divorce). And that brings us to now and I don't know if there will be room for my armor but if there is I'm bringin it although i am having some yellowing issues with it at the moment. Gonna work on that today. See you guys next Thursday at Preview night!!!!

River
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 3166

Post by River »

TK8049 wrote:Well my name is Darrell Hargrove and I am 41 yrs old. I live in Barlow,KY(near Paducah if youve ever heard of it). I have never lived in Ill. but aorund the year 2000 I got a really strong urge to go to a BIG comic convention so me n some friends went to WWC and thats where I first laid eyes on beautiful, glorious stormtrooper armor!!!! I waited 5 yrs before finally gettin my own. My 1st big troop after submitting to the Legion was WWC 2005. I didn't have my numbers yet and was a little nervous. One of your members came over and said everything looks good and that really made feel great.I can't remember his name though.Blonde hair, early to mid 30s,married, I know he has a 501st card and I had it at one time. Anyways I believe we were in the SW panel at the show and one of the guys said were making Jan an honorary member and asked if I wanted to be a part of it. I said sure as I'm thinkin WOW first troop. Got in the panel!!! Honorary members!!! This is freakin awesome!!! I believe I went to WWC 2006 but didn't bring armor or if I did I didn't troop very long. Meanwhile down here in Paducah i have recruited 8 more members to the Legion and we have 1 inactive(divorce). And that brings us to now and I don't know if there will be room for my armor but if there is I'm bringin it although i am having some yellowing issues with it at the moment. Gonna work on that today. See you guys next Thursday at Preview night!!!!
Trooper Darrel,

thanks for the story, gotta love them. :) I do know of Paducah! had friends that lived in that area. I'm even happier that we made you feel so at home in the legion. it's always awesome to meet new troopers who want nothing more than to make sure their armor looks right and get involved.

We should definitly have room for your tub. obviously you know Aimee, i'll also be there on thursday as well. just ask for River and i'll be more than happy to help you out an find a spot for your bin :)

Actually any trooper will, but personally I'd like to meet you :)

see you thursday buddy!

-River
TROOP! For a cause. What do YOU troop for?

seven skulls
501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 6773

At WW?

Post by seven skulls »

Darrell, Did you make it to WW?
How did your armor turn out?
I took some pic.s and posted a link to them on the WW thread if you haven't seen them yet.
Seven Skulls

Dirty Scout
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1692

Post by Dirty Scout »

WELCOME!
Kent Heath
MWG Garrison Guard
MWG Charity Rep

"Go mbeidh an forsa leat"- May the Force Be With You.