SL-62598 Reporting For Duty From Wisconsin

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

BigCountry
501st Member
501st Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 62598

SL-62598 Reporting For Duty From Wisconsin

Post by BigCountry »

Hi Everyone! My name is Rob Simmons and I am a new member of the Wisconsin Garrison as an ESB Darth Vader! For me Vader has been two years in the making and I am thrilled to be at this point where I am fully approved and ready to troop.

Aside from that here is a little bit about me, I work full time as a Broadcast Video Director & Engineer directing live TV and other events. Right now I am working at WISN-12 the ABC station in Milwaukee directing Newscast, as well as all of our sports related content (Talk Show, Packers & Bucks & Brewers Pre & Post Games, Ect...)

Here is an example of some of my work - https://vimeo.com/786828580

One of the fun things I get to do in this roll is wear some of the helmets I have made while on air, and have some of my other props / collectible be featured. This year Vader may make a special appearance in our May 4th sports show :lol:

Outside of work I love woodworking, 3D Printing, and in general tinkering on project. I have a CNC machine in my shop where I make cool custom woodworking projects and the goal there is to eventually build an R5-D4 Droid!

All that said that's me! I grew up in Illinois and my family is still in the area so I plan on trooping with y'all when I can!
I am lookin forward to getting out there and meeting y'all on a troop sometime in the future.

Reason:

Midwestsithlord
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 16019

Re: SL-62598 Reporting For Duty From Wisconsin

Post by Midwestsithlord »

Welcome here as well. I already messaged you on the Wisconsin Garrison and SLD site.
Ironic, you are from IL and live in WI. I'm from WI and live in IL, and now we're both Vaders.

Reason:

BigCountry
501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 62598

Post by BigCountry »

It's awesome to have a fellow Vader doing exactly the same thing as me just reversed!
I am looking forward to meeting up on a troop sometime either on your turf or mine :D

Reason:

Rex Fett
Garrison CO
Garrison CO
501st Legion ID: 3499

Post by Rex Fett »

Welcome aboard botha

Reason:
Yesterday I did nothing and today I'm finishing what I started yesterday.