New Member working on an Inferno Heavy build

New forum users, please introduce yourselves here. MWG members can answer most questions you may have.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

Bullseye
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 84098

New Member working on an Inferno Heavy build

Post by Bullseye »

Long time listener, first time caller.....

After 40 odd years of fandom, I finally decided to pull the trigger and start a costume build. I'm presently researching vendors and parts for an Inferno Squad Heavy uniform. Don't know why, but seeing them during one of reveals pushed me over the edge.

I'm overflowing with questions on the tie/inferno build, but my main two questions are these:

1) I want to build my helmet out of ABS. The fiberglass options look great, but I'm not wild about having even finished fiberglass on my melon. Does anyone have recommendations for sourcing Rouge One/Inferno tie helmet kits? I'm on the facebook groups, but I was hoping the garrison might have a little better road map and possibly some suggestions on

2) The E-11 blaster. I've looked at the conversions of Rubies and Hasbro blasters and I'm more than capable of doing those. Wanted to know if anyone's successfully done the conversion, what they thought of it, and if there's another affordable way to DIY a blaster. Or... if that's not really a good idea and I should look into a more tailor made option. (I just don't want to throw $200+ at a blaster).

Any help the garrison can offer I'd be very grateful for. My ultimate goal is submit the build for approval, bring some smiles to the kids at the children's hospitals, and have fun with my own kids.

Thanks,
Dave
"Bullseye"

BigPapaKev
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9255

Re: New Member working on an Inferno Heavy build

Post by BigPapaKev »

Welcome from another pilot. Have you signed up on the Jolly Roger & Spec Ops detachment forums? Should be some fantastic resources and vendor information there. Be patient as it is a new costume, there may not be a lot of members making the kits as of yet. As for the E11, I do have a converted Hasbro with the Doopy kit. It's not bad for the cost involved. ( I troop with a hyperfirm E11 now). One concern with the newer Hasbro blasters is they are a smaller scale, I believe. You may need to find an older model if possible. You may be able to pick up a 3D printed one reasonably as well. Hope that helps
Sorry Lord Vader but the ability to destroy a planet IS significant.

Garrison Membership Liaison
501st Legion ID: 66598

Post by Avatar190 »

Hello Dave...
We need no longer fear the banana.

Bullseye
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 84098

Post by Bullseye »

BigPapaKev wrote:Welcome from another pilot. Have you signed up on the Jolly Roger & Spec Ops detachment forums? Should be some fantastic resources and vendor information there. Be patient as it is a new costume, there may not be a lot of members making the kits as of yet. As for the E11, I do have a converted Hasbro with the Doopy kit. It's not bad for the cost involved. ( I troop with a hyperfirm E11 now). One concern with the newer Hasbro blasters is they are a smaller scale, I believe. You may need to find an older model if possible. You may be able to pick up a 3D printed one reasonably as well. Hope that helps
Actually decided to start a pipe build from scratch. I'm sourcing all my various necessary parts now. The goal is to do a complete over-the-counter hardware shop e-11 using templates, aluminum, pvc, styrene, and pvc. I'm tracking my costs and part #s so I can do a full "how to" post with PDF when I'm done. That includes the counter and scope (though I may be forced to 3D print those, as dimensions and templates for those are hard to come by). I've got the templates I need for everything, now it's just sourcing parts so I can start building. I'll put it up on FISD and here as it progresses.

501st Legion ID: 66598

Post by Avatar190 »

Nice, that will be cool to see when completed.