Question: Walmart Voice AND Radio Shack Fans ALL together?

Tips and tricks for Star Wars-related costumes and props. Armor builds and other SW costuming questions and answers.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

Xyphis
Imperial Recruit
4poziom.waw.pl

Question: Walmart Voice AND Radio Shack Fans ALL together?

Post by Xyphis »

I am trying to get together parts for the RT-Mod helmet that's coming my way. I would like to try the Walmart voice changer (4.5V) with 2 12V computer fans from Radio Shack. My question relates to how to BEST power it:

-Now my simple mind is telling me I need 11 AA batteries (8 for fans, 3 for the voice)

-Now a bit of searching shows that I could get by with 2 9V (fan) and then the 3 AA for the Voice changer

-Yet I'm hoping there is an "all 9V" solution to this that a newbie might be able to do

The 11 AA seems to be a heavy and bulky option, especially for a non-FX helmet. I am planning on hooking the Voice Changer board to a pair of aerator speakers (RT states I need something 16mm or less, and sizing isn't often quoted here) so I hope this could be an all-in-one type of system.

Is there a way to just use 2 or 3 9V with some resistor thingies (OK, OK, I swear I am educated, but I am a complete newb in electronics :shock: ). Is there an even better option (somewhere I saw something about rechargeables, but it was not related to this dual question)? I have not seen this on the board, at least when searching for diagrams/fans/etc.

Any help in any direction would be appreciated :D