stearling smg Mk4/l2a3 specs/measurements

Tips and tricks for Star Wars-related costumes and props. Armor builds and other SW costuming questions and answers.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

TK895
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 895

stearling smg Mk4/l2a3 specs/measurements

Post by TK895 »

This is from the Legion board and was posted by Cheech9898 - <br><br>the measurements you wanted on a stearling smg Mk4/l2a3<br>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br> i just got done putting a mk4 parts set back together from www.ima-usa.com (int military antiques) and here's the final measurments. They still have some left if ya have some welding skills and want to get yer own.<br><br>(measurments taken with a hand caliper and ruler)<br><br>Overal length from tip of barrel tube to end of the rear cap w/ d-ring mount is 17 5/8 in.<br><br>Outer tube diameter 1.5 in. (inner diameter 1.375 in)<br><br>barrel tip dimensions. <br>It steps in 0.1 in and forms a small ledge (@ 0.3 inch ledge) gives this stepout a diameter of 1.25 in. There is then another step out of @0.3 inches. The dimensions of this final step out is as follows. Overall outer diameter 0.9 in. It is not centered is is pushed to the outside of the 1st step-in and flush at the 4 o'clock position if looking at the tip of the gun straight on. Also the barrel hole is @0.4 in. in diameter & centered outside of the main tube and to each side of the barrel opening are 2 hex bolts at the 9 & 3 o'clock positions.<br><br>Front sight dimensions.<br>the outsides where it meets the tube are flush with the tube. As it goes up for 0.9 in. it tapers to be smaller and is about an inch across the top from outside to outside if looking from the front. There is a rounded down indenture in the middle for the adj metal sight tip that measures 0.6 in across and 0.5 in deep.<br><br>Magazine reciever dimensions.<br>the base of the mag-reciever is 8 1/2 in back from the tip of the gun. Looking from the top: the base of it (by the tube) is 2.2 in. the front edge measures 2.05 in. the outside edge is 1.7 in. the 1st back edge is 1.2 in. then steps out 0.5 in and then the last part of the back edge is 0.8 in. The top of the head button for the mag release is 0.675 in in diameter.<br>from the side the outside dimentions 0.975 in tall towards the front and widens to 1.05 in the back<br><br>Handle dimensions<br>hard to measure all of it accurately but from the main tube body to the farthest part of the handle is 4.4 inches. The main handle grip is 1.5 in thick and 1.8 inches wide (1.8 is the side view). it is 4.6 inches from where the 1st part of the handle/trigger assemble starts to the back where the hing mount is. there is a small round indenture at the handle back that goes in (where the palm between the thumb/pointer finger grips) and the middle of it is 0.5 in down from the main body tube. The hinge for the stock on the main tube is right at the end of the handle and it is 0.6 in. in diameter<br><br>The End cap<br>Outer diameter is 1.9 inches and it is 1.0 in. from the end. the d-ring mount is off of the end and is 0.375 x 0.375 if looking at it from the side and 1 in. long<br>the small retainer on the bottom (seen from the side view) is 0.25 x 0.25 and 1.5 in. long. The end cap slides on then twists, the square retainer is spring loaded lever with a pin on the end that fits in the endcap to keep it from turning and poping off (holding in the firing pin/internal parts)<br><br>The rear sight<br>the back of it is basically flush with the edge of the endcap when on. the base is 1 in wide and 0.8 in tall from the side view. it is 1/2 in. wide if looking at it from the end<br><br>The Shoulder Stock<br>Hard to describe exact dimensions but basically there is the 2 curved sidepieces that go from the hinge on the main tube to a u-bar. From the hinges to the u-bar is @7 in.. The U-bar is 6 1/2 in long and the round rod inside is 7 3/8 in long. the round rod is hinged at the base of the u-bar where the 2 side pieces join it. The u-bar is @ 3/4 of an inch wide and it is @ 1/2 in tall (so are the side bars). <br>The end shoulder piece is just over 1 in. wide and is hinged on the other end of the round rod. From the side view starting towards the front of the gun. It rounded and 3/4 in. tall and tapers down about 2.5 in. to where it is 1/2 in. tall. it then flares out into an oblong shape which is @1 in. tall. Overall the piece is roughly 3 1/2 inches long.<br><br>The Clip.<br>Has a slightly curved shape and is @9 inches long overall (ILM cut these down to 4-5 inches) the basic dimensions are 0.8 inches in the front tapering out to 0.9 inches in the back. the depth is 1.45 inches. To allow it to slide in the strait mag-reciever there is a slight notch in the front edge of the clip where it slides in that is about 2.4 inches long the front edge.<br><br>Hope this helps you in getting the drawings done, sorry i didnt respond sooner but i was still spot welding and filling in cracks with JB Weld :P<br><br>I have a second parts set on the way which I'm goin to leave apart so i can cast pieces individually using alumlite plastic resin and attach to pvc plumbing pipe. And then stuff the innards from a toy blaster inside so it has sound. If this goes well I'll post full instructions on it. <p></p><i></i>