Stormtrooper Kit Help

Tips and tricks for Star Wars-related costumes and props. Armor builds and other SW costuming questions and answers.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

Shevalik
Imperial Recruit
4poziom.waw.pl

Stormtrooper Kit Help

Post by Shevalik »

I'm not sure if this is allowed, but I got a kit about 2 years ago and as soon it came my anxiety got the best of me. I've made a few cuts into it, but I immediately stop in fear of messing it up to the point of not fixing. I would love to have it displayed and finished. I wasn't sure if it is possible to pay someone to complete the build so that would be possible. Again, not quite sure the rules on that. Sorry if it is a dumb question. Thanks for your time and responses.

Garrison Membership Liaison
501st Legion ID: 66598

Re: Stormtrooper Kit Help

Post by Avatar190 »

I don't believe there are any rules regarding questing the services of another. I suspect you'll largely see the response of "the satisfaction you'll get once you complete your armor that you built"... I know I, for one, have no experience either with building, so I have no assistance value to you. Someone else may be able to. OR ... you can watch for armor parties, and someone would be willing to walk you through everything.

Are you building just to display, or planning on trooping?
We need no longer fear the banana.

Shevalik
Imperial Recruit

Post by Shevalik »

I mean I would like to have the option to troop if need be, but I'm also ready to have it on display.

501st Legion ID: 66598

Post by Avatar190 »

KaiserW
Imperial Recruit

Post by KaiserW »

have you been through the resources on whitearmor.net?
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was to convince the world he doesn't exist"

TK69581
501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 69581

Post by TK69581 »

Shevalik wrote:I'm not sure if this is allowed, but I got a kit about 2 years ago and as soon it came my anxiety got the best of me. I've made a few cuts into it, but I immediately stop in fear of messing it up to the point of not fixing. I would love to have it displayed and finished. I wasn't sure if it is possible to pay someone to complete the build so that would be possible. Again, not quite sure the rules on that. Sorry if it is a dumb question. Thanks for your time and responses.

It's not much different then people who buy various pieces of costumes and then just put it all on.
The hard part is fitting it to you. Everyone is different sizes, shapes, etc. I know when I made mine I had to install wider strips on the back of my shins due to the size of my calf muscles.

Where are you located?

mck22
Imperial Recruit

Post by mck22 »

TK69581 wrote:
Shevalik wrote:I'm not sure if this is allowed, but I got a kit about 2 years ago and as soon it came my anxiety got the best of me. I've made a few cuts into it, but I immediately stop in fear of messing it up to the point of not fixing. I would love to have it displayed and finished. I wasn't sure if it is possible to pay someone to complete the build so that would be possible. Again, not quite sure the rules on that. Sorry if it is a dumb question. Thanks for your time and responses.

It's not much different then people who buy various pieces of costumes and then just put it all on.
The hard part is fitting it to you. Everyone is different sizes, shapes, etc. I know when I made mine I had to install wider strips on the back of my shins due to the size of my calf muscles.

Where are you located?
Did you put yours together yourself? I notice you are at SAFB I am just in O'Fallon, looking to get my kit built as well.