What if it's not EXACTLY canon?

Tips and tricks for Star Wars-related costumes and props. Armor builds and other SW costuming questions and answers.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

RedMask
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 33050

What if it's not EXACTLY canon?

Post by RedMask »

I've been thinking about doing a TK build for my second set of armor and have been researching around the White Armor forums for all the tips and tricks that they can offer. No problem there. But I was thinking about customization and had a quick question.

In the Clone Wars cartoon, there was a CT named Kix who was the designated medic. He wore the in-universe version of the caduceus on his backpack and on one of his shoulder-bells. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Clone_trooper_medic

Later on, in the Foce Unleashed video game, some TK medics were seen in the background with red pauldrons denoting their specialization.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_medic

Since all of this is all technically canon, could I get away with making a red pauldron with the same caduceus symbol that Kix wore and possibly MEDIC written in Aurebesh on it? Maybe add a couple of Bacta syringes in a hip-pouch? Does this piece of customization need to be 501st approved? Or do I just get the TK build approved and then do whatever I want with the pauldron later, as some Canadian TKs do with their Maple Leaf pauldrons and some Pride Troopers have rainbow ones?
Stay Super, Stormtrooper!
- Lord Vader

iam8114
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 8114

Re: What if it's not EXACTLY canon?

Post by iam8114 »

Currently, to my knowledge, none of that is considered approvable currently, but there's no reason not to do it, just make sure your tk is approvable without it and use that stuff when you want to as long as its not a canon event which are relatively rare.
James Norman
TK/TI-8114
Wedge Antilles - Outlaw 2

RedMask
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 33050

Re: What if it's not EXACTLY canon?

Post by RedMask »

Yeah, that's the advice I've been getting most. Make sure the base TK build is right and then have fun later

Stay Super, Stormtrooper!
- Lord Vader