Anyone know where to buy wide calf boots?

Tips and tricks for Star Wars-related costumes and props. Armor builds and other SW costuming questions and answers.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

Garrison Membership Liaison
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 66598

Anyone know where to buy wide calf boots?

Post by Avatar190 »

So, my wife is toying with the idea of building a Juno outfit. However, she needs wide calf boots (probably just wide in general), size 10 or 11. Google web searches seem to always have too much decoration or multi-color/material. Just checking if anyone has the inside info on a vendor who meets the CRL for Juno or IO.

Thanks!
We need no longer fear the banana.

Fleetfang
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 8968

Re: Anyone know where to buy wide calf boots?

Post by Fleetfang »

I searched high and low for riding boots in my size, to no avail. Setting up a Saved Search (with email notifications) on eBay helped a little, but men's boots in my size (men's 11) are realy hard to come by.
Ultimately, I ended up ordering custom boots from imperialboots.com. They took my measurements and were able to give me a flat-crop top to them to make them accurate for Solo and acceptable for an Imperial Officer. The owner is a Legion member, and communication was great. They weren't cheap ($150 or $200 after shipping), but the boots are some of the most comfortable shoes I own. Highly recommended!
Brian Troyan __________________________ Fleetfang
TB-8968/TK-8968/IG-8968/BH-8968/ID-8968/DZ-8968
501st Legion Public Relations Officer (2012-2017)
Midwest Garrison Commanding Officer (2013-2017)
"Think of the solution, not the problem."

501st Legion ID: 66598

Re: Anyone know where to buy wide calf boots?

Post by Avatar190 »

It is my understanding that Imperial Boots isn't doing knee-high boots anymore, just the mid-calf boots. I should contact him/her either way. Thank you.

If anyone else is following this topic, someone on the IOC forums said that Hessen Antiques will also custom make boots, including the knee-high ones. So there may be two options open to us still.
We need no longer fear the banana.