Ready for the 501st

Tips and tricks for Star Wars-related costumes and props. Armor builds and other SW costuming questions and answers.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

DarSec
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 71463

Ready for the 501st

Post by DarSec »

I have finally completed my armor. It has taken way longer that I thought it would, but I took a lot of time off of building in the spring and summer of last year. My wife passed a year ago Feb 7 and it was tough to get back to doing things. I am really happy with my armor. I have a TM Hero helmet , ATA armor that I have built to Hero specifications, and a DoopyDoos E-11. I looked at the 501st site and they said that I need to contact my local garrison. I have e-mailed a few people so I'll wait to see what happens. They said I need to submit some pics to the garrison liaison so I just need to know to whom and what to send and how. I am looking forward to doing my first troop! I have been in contact off and on with a few of you and have bought some cool kits and enhancements (T-Jay and Gazmosis). Any ideas on how to help this process along would be appreciated. I put a pic of my suit from a Halloween thing I went to from work. It was pretty much done at this point except for the TK Boots, which hadn't come in yet. Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Darrell S

BigPapaKev
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9255

Re: Ready for the 501st

Post by BigPapaKev »

have you been here to fill out the application?

http://www.501st.com/members/join_form.php

Please remember, being a volunteer organization, things are done on personal time but once you get all the pics submitted, it shouldn't take long. Plenty of troops in the Central Illinois area coming up, can't wait to see you with your boots on the ground.
Sorry Lord Vader but the ability to destroy a planet IS significant.

DarSec
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by DarSec »

I have been to this page on the 501st site. The instructions say:

I've got my costume, now what?

Once you have your costume finished, you need to prepare your photos and submit your application.
Your local Garrison Membership Liaison (GML) will need to verify your qualifications and will will ask for pictures of you in your costume for validation. See the 501st Legion unit listings to identify your local GML.
Once your GML confirms that your suit is complete and valid for membership, fill out the online application.
Darrell S

DarSec
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by DarSec »

So I guess I'm a bit confused. If I do not need to submit photos first, then I'm good to go. I'll full out the ap at the 501st site then go from there?
Darrell S

Drk_Trooper
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 12079

Post by Drk_Trooper »

You would fill out the application and send the photos to the GML. Most do the photos first to see if changes need to be made, but if all is ready and no changes are needed you can do both at the same time.

DarSec
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by DarSec »

Does anyone know who to send photos to? I have e-mailed the two folks below but have yet to hear back. I am not rushing, just wanting to make sure I have the right people. I know it is volunteer based, just making sure.

GML: Damian Jorgensen(DZ 826)
GML: Jim M DeJan(TI 3853)
Darrell S

BigPapaKev
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9255

Post by BigPapaKev »

looks like you sent them to the right people
Sorry Lord Vader but the ability to destroy a planet IS significant.

DarSec
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by DarSec »

awesome thanks!! I sent them e-mail introducing myself and the one pic above. I'm having a friend take the real deal pics (going for Centurion so I am going to get them all done at the samet time) and I just wanted to be sure they go where they need to go when it's time.
Darrell S