$$20.62 Black leather trooper boots!!!!!

Tips and tricks for Star Wars-related costumes and props. Armor builds and other SW costuming questions and answers.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

TK118
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 118

Re: $$20.62 Black leather trooper boots!!!!!

Post by TK118 »

You can also find at almost any "Payless Shoe Source" boots just like that.<br><br>Yes, I asked and they are not made in white.<br><br> <p>TK-118 out"Who is this? Whats your operating number?"</p><i></i>

TK118
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 118

Post by TK118 »

Your right, They are not on the web site, but they do have them.<br>Its easy to make WHITE into BLACK. But making a BLACK boot WHITE is almost not worth the effort.<br>Paint would just flake off after time. Not to mention would take many coats to cover the black.<br><br>But, these would be PERFECT for the Steth Trooper Armor!<br> <p>TK-118 out"Who is this? Whats your operating number?"</p><i></i>

TD501
501st Member
501st Member

Post by TD501 »

Horse poo doesn't work so good. I tried some of that during the Toronto Easter Parade. <p>"... Only Imperial Storm Troopers are so precise." - Ben Kenobi</p><i></i>

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Holy @#$@#%! These are cheap.<br><br>Unfortunately, if these are so cheap, they are most likely not leather, or are they? Can you dye this dark color to white? I am seriously interested if you have had success dyeing.<br><br>TK808 <p></p><i></i>

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Do you mean acetone, a colorless, volatile, extremely flammable liquid ketone, CH3 COCH3, widely used as an organic solvent??<br><br>This is some potent stuff and I fear it might eat away at any adhesive keeping the shoes together, like wear the pieces attach to the sole. <br><br>I am very curious to know if your procedure will yield great results. Please keep me in the loop.<br><br>TK808<br> <p></p><i></i>

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Yeah!! There we go. Looking good. Get me an update stat!!<br><br>Thanks.<br><br>808<br><br> <p></p><i></i>

TK895
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 895

Post by TK895 »

Sweet, a great low cost trooper boot. And it looks great as well! <p></p><i></i>