TEOD Jodo Kast WIP

Tips and tricks for Star Wars-related costumes and props. Armor builds and other SW costuming questions and answers.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

tk412
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 412

Re: TEOD Jodo Kast WIP

Post by tk412 »

Very nice! It looks very star warsie.

toolguy301
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 21273

Re: TEOD Jodo Kast WIP

Post by toolguy301 »

Assembled & painted my custom Jodo Kast specific EE-3. This was a great kit from MLS. Very minimal clean up & filling. For assembly of the barrel to the stock I used onlty 2 screws, one through the pivot area on the breach & the other goes through the release into the breach near the hammer, which is pretty well hidden in a recess. This turned out to be very solid & secure. Was initially going to just epoxy everything together & make it solid but came up with this approach so if for some reason, which you never know, it could be taken apart fairly easy.

The paint scheme is pretty much how the ESB EE-3 was done with a few slight differences. I wanted to mimic the movie used EE-3's which is evident with the use of the various greeblies that are present on both ESB & ROTJ versions, with some modified custom pieces. This to me gives it a more real world look. The big differences are the custom scope mounts that are designed to look like the comic reference, the rifle stock, & the custom stock greeblies.

The main portion of the EE-3 was painted flat black misted with some midnight blue, brown, & metallic aluminum. Then it was dry brushed with metallic aluminum to accent the high points.

The stock was painted with a few different tones of brown to break it up then did a couple of washes of grey/yellow & black. The stock greeblies are painted flat black with a mist of red & metallic aluminum then dry brushed with metallic aluminum. The tail portion of the stock is painted a copper/aluminum mix with misting of flat black.

The flash tube is just a 1.5" chrome/brass drain tube, but opted not to add any holes to it. The inside was painted flat black & the tip was misted with flat black, flat brown, & midngith blue to give the carbon residue.

Still need to make the strap to finish this up.
Chris Buetsch
Boba Fett (ROTJ) & Jodo Kast
BH-21273 MWG
MMC Nexu Clan Canon & Legend Brigades