Ready to order my armor...

Tips and tricks for Star Wars-related costumes and props. Armor builds and other SW costuming questions and answers.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

Chills
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 51114

Re: Ready to order my armor...

Post by Chills »

Hey Max, where are you in Bolingbrook? I'm in Naperville, off 95th street. How's the build going with the ATA armor? Are you aiming for a certain certification level?

Thanks Coin! I can't wait to get out and troop with the garrison.

I just checked the tracking, and the armor is already in Memphis!

MaxPowerX360
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 72132

Post by MaxPowerX360 »

Chills, I am right off of Boughton Rd , near Weber. The build is going great, I'm at the strapping stage and right now I am just looking to get 501st approval but seeing how picky I am, Centurion is not out of the question. I should have been done with this months ago, but upgrading R2 is taking a lot of my time.

Chills
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by Chills »

That's right down the road from me. We go shopping at that Meijer all the time. LOL

That's cool you're so far along. I'm also going to aim for Centurion. What do you mean by upgrading R2?

I've got great news to report: my boots arrived on Tuesday, and are fantastic looking. They fit great, too.

As far as the armor goes, I called Memphis yesterday. It was stuck in Customs; they wanted to know more about what was in the box. TM just put "plastic spaceman" on the label. LOL. So after explaining it to the FedEx woman it looks like things went quickly.

My big brown box was delivered this morning!!! I'm at the office and can't wait to get home to open it up! :thumbs:

MaxPowerX360
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 72132

Post by MaxPowerX360 »

Upgrading this guy...

Chills
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by Chills »

Hi everyone!!

Well, it's been a while since my last post; I've been busy working on my armor. I am happy to say that I submitted my photos and application to our GML on Friday! Now I wait to see what he thinks, and if I'll get accepted.

I have to give a shout out to gazmosis. He was invaluable in helping me with this build. He was always around to answer questions, give advice, and help with the tricky parts (like the helmet ears, and measuring the shims). Dude is the epitome of troopers helping troopers.

I have a build thread on FISD:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/3 ... -tm-armor/

Here are the pics of the finished product:

iam8114
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 8114

Post by iam8114 »

very nice.
James Norman
TK/TI-8114
Wedge Antilles - Outlaw 2

Chills
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by Chills »

Thanks James. I can't wait to meet more Garrison members and get out and troop!

Chills
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by Chills »

I heard back from the 501st, today.

You can call meTK 51114.

I got accepted!

MusicalJedi
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 52610

Post by MusicalJedi »

Congrats! Looks awesome!

johnnys
Imperial Recruit

Post by johnnys »

Chills wrote:I heard back from the 501st, today.

You can call meTK 51114.

I got accepted!
Congratulations Chills! :thumbs:

Chills
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by Chills »

Thanks guys!

I spent the last couple of nights getting my armor to fit in a suitcase. Like Tetris!

I'll be at the SW Day in Joliet, tomorrow. Looking forward to meeting a lot of the MW Garrison.

CWard
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 81477

Post by CWard »

Chills wrote:Thanks, SL.

I am happy to report that I've broken the threshold for the armor order!

But before I do I want to get together with gazmosis. He lives near me and has offered to give me some pointers before I get started.

I hear he makes a really nice holster.
Chills

First, let me start by saying your build looks amazing!

Thanks again for directing and helping me out. I think, after doing some reading, that the RT kit maybe right for me with for my height. I am 6'1" and 205lbs. Unless you have any other suggestions. Anyway, much of what I learned in my career, and life, is that networking is important! I don't live too far from you and was wondering when the time comes can I meet up with you and gazmosis to pick up those pointers before I start mine? Thanks again.

Chris

CWard
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by CWard »

But before I do I want to get together with gazmosis. He lives near me and has offered to give me some pointers before I get started.

Chills

Thanks again for directing and helping me out. I think, after doing some reading, that the RT kit maybe right for me with for my height. I am 6'1" and 205lbs. Unless you have any other suggestions. Anyway, much of what I learned in my career, and life, is that networking is important! I don't live too far from you and was wondering when the time comes can I meet up with you and gazmosis to pick up those pointers before I start mine? Thanks again.

Chris

Chills
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by Chills »

CWard911 wrote:

Chills

Chris
Thanks! I finished my E11 this morning and submitted my application for EIB. I'm hopeful that gazmosis gives me the thumbs up.

Sure, I'd be happy to help you out with your build. Once your armor comes in and you're ready to start I've got a workshop we can make use of.

As for the RT armor, that sounds good. I also recall hearing that AM is good for taller folks. Have you contacted the maker to see what the waiting list looks like?

CWard
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by CWard »

Chills wrote:
CWard911 wrote:

Chills

Chris
Thanks! I finished my E11 this morning and submitted my application for EIB. I'm hopeful that gazmosis gives me the thumbs up.

Sure, I'd be happy to help you out with your build. Once your armor comes in and you're ready to start I've got a workshop we can make use of.

As for the RT armor, that sounds good. I also recall hearing that AM is good for taller folks. Have you contacted the maker to see what the waiting list looks like?
I sent out emails today. With the holiday and weekend, I expect to hear back hopefully Monday. I will check further into the AM. Is that what you have? Thanks again!