Need help with Nightsister Talzin

Tips and tricks for Star Wars-related costumes and props. Armor builds and other SW costuming questions and answers.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

KariCanary
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 11939

Need help with Nightsister Talzin

Post by KariCanary »

I am currently looking for information regarding building a Night sister Talzin one of the Witches of Dathomir.
The 501st has I believe only 3 listed members with approved costumes but nothing listed as requirements for approval. (Measurements, fabrics etc )
I fell in love with this character and after reading more about her and doing some research into her character I really want this to be my character build that is the one I make after my Jawa. Do you have any idea on how to get started or resources? This is the detachment I think I would belong to?
http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/

But nothing is listed on the 501st for dimensions or standards for approval.
http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming ... her_talzin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Coin
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 12108

Re: Need help with Nightsister Talzin

Post by Coin »

Yes sign up for the Flagship Eclipse and make friends, they will be immensely helpful.

With a costume very few people have done, networking in the 501st is your salvation. Someone knows, come on in and talk Star Wars and you'll find the info you need.

And once you get the costume done these people will be new friends you'll be out Trooping with so there us no down side to being social!

Welcome and good Luck!
DZ-12108
Kim Worley

woulf
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 7345

Post by woulf »

KariCanary wrote:I am currently looking for information regarding building a Night sister Talzin one of the Witches of Dathomir.
The 501st has I believe only 3 listed members with approved costumes but nothing listed as requirements for approval. (Measurements, fabrics etc )
I fell in love with this character and after reading more about her and doing some research into her character I really want this to be my character build that is the one I make after my Jawa. Do you have any idea on how to get started or resources? This is the detachment I think I would belong to?
http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/

But nothing is listed on the 501st for dimensions or standards for approval.
http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming ... her_talzin
That is awesome, I would love to see a night sister done! Good luck on your build, there are lots of great people here who can help you along the way, or point you to someone who has what you need :thumbs:
A man might befriend a wolf, even break a wolf, but no man could truly tame a wolf.
George RR Martin

TS826
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 826

Post by TS826 »

One small suggestion that comes to mind, is to try to avoid overly reflective material.
A couple of the already approved Talzins', although fantastic costumes, required a bit of debate as they were very shiny.

I would also see no problem in contacting the approved members with this costume, directly.
I'm sure they would be happy to pass a long a few pointers.

KariCanary
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 11939

Post by KariCanary »

Thank you so much for the help. I contacted the members that have completed this costume build and they have been extremely helpful. Thank you for the idea to contact them. Being new here I must say I have never seen a group of moree helpful people who are so encouraging. Thank you! I'll definitely post WIP photos. :)