need some help with my officer uniform

Tips and tricks for Star Wars-related costumes and props. Armor builds and other SW costuming questions and answers.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

ataylor
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 50431

need some help with my officer uniform

Post by ataylor »

i'm looking for the best place to get boots for my imperial warrant officer uniform, anyone have any suggestions on where to look? also, i didnt see on the reference library, anyone know if the warrant officer can have a hoster and blaster?

Atrek
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 82659

Re: need some help with my officer uniform

Post by Atrek »

Hey,
From what I understood you can have a blaster and a holster for "unofficial" events, if it isn't in the CRL. Check my thread on Blasters/Lightsabers for a few more details or ask TS826 the Garrison's GML for any clarifications.

Where do you live near? If it is Chicago, I know that Brian and a few others, including myself know of a few places with the boots though sizes will vary. If you list a shoe size it makes it a bit easier to track them down, I was told to go 1-1.5 US size up for boots in case, though I don't know if that is the case always...

You can also join the Jolly Roger Squadron board (http://www.jrs501st.com/forums/) for a list of boot vendors as well other items for the Warrant Officer, I know I made item & boot threads on the Officer/TIE forums and finally found all of the Bridge Crewman items after awhile of searching, and also know where to get the Reserve Pilot items from.

Good Luck with your build.
IC-82659
Reserve Pilot (TI)/Imperial Bridge Crewman (IC)

DarthCronus
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 10015

Re: need some help with my officer uniform

Post by DarthCronus »

For my officer I got tough rider boots. They're comftorable and flashy and pretty looking. Only downside to it however, is that if you're looking to get level 3 clearance, don't get these boots, they have a visible zipper on the back of the leg and also a visible button. But, for trooping long hours, they're perfect and only at $92, which is a good price for riding boots if you ask me. And it says on the CRL that warrant officers don't have blasters. If you're going to a troop as a officer and want to bring a blaster (because let me tell you, it sucks being the only one without a cool toy ;) ) ask other people going to that troop what they think, or you could also ask the GML.
"The power to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of a child's smile."

Costumes: Imperial Officer (Grey) - Complete
Tie Pilot (ANH) - Complete