Darth Vader, and Stormtrooper rubie costumes wanting help

Tips and tricks for Star Wars-related costumes and props. Armor builds and other SW costuming questions and answers.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

STRWRSGEEK241
Imperial Recruit
4poziom.waw.pl

Darth Vader, and Stormtrooper rubie costumes wanting help

Post by STRWRSGEEK241 »

i purchased the two outfits last year, but would like to get them up to speed asap, so i can volunteer more and put together more functions. Live in Bolingbrook, illinois and need help fast...help.

hitman
501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 8596

Re: Darth Vader, and Stormtrooper rubie costumes wanting hel

Post by hitman »

Are you going for 501st approval?

I ask that only b/c the amount of time spent on it depends on if you are aiming for 501st approval.

STRWRSGEEK241
Imperial Recruit

Post by STRWRSGEEK241 »

i would love to , and i don't mind the time or money, just don't want to mess around i want it done finally..ya know.

hitman
501st Member
501st Member

Post by hitman »

OK... to get 501st approved the rubies stormtrooper cannot be modified to be approvable. Your best option it to go to FISD and look through the recommended armor makers to get a kit that you can build. Here is the link to the thread: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/1 ... find-them/

As for the Rubies Vader the same thing applies, but a few pieces can be used to make a Revenge of the Sith Vader. Visit the Sith Lord Detachment (http://forum.501stsithlords.com/) for the 4 versions (ep3-6) and see which one you would want to do.

As many people will tell you, to mod any of these suits you would put 2-3 times the amount you paid for them into the modifications.

I built my vader in 9 weeks & my TK in 3 days (that was stretched out in three 16-20hr days)

STRWRSGEEK241
Imperial Recruit

Post by STRWRSGEEK241 »

well i would love to make my own, but i don't have the know how to spend weeks on this....where do you suggest i start am 5'11" 230

hitman
501st Member
501st Member

Post by hitman »

You can still do a stormtrooper. Other members in the MWG can give a hand building it when you need it

STRWRSGEEK241
Imperial Recruit

Post by STRWRSGEEK241 »

well calling all members whom ever wants to have a party and help me build it...i'm game...lol just want to get them both done soon.

STRWRSGEEK241
Imperial Recruit

Post by STRWRSGEEK241 »

Is this a good supplier to buy from? And will it fit my size 5'11" 230lbs?

Thanks so much for your interest in our new, more accurate, NE armor!
The next large run is completed and kits are shipping now!. If you would like to place an order just email me with which kit you'd like, paypal address, and Full shipping information and i will send you a paypal invoice. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Here is a breakdown of the new kits.

FULL Kits Include:
ALL body armor pieces
NE helmet kit - This helmet kit is a very accurate face on a 3 piece helmet design for durability. Included is the hardware for assembly and custom aluminum mic tips.
ABS cement
ABS polish
Strapping kit with hook Velcro sewn (note: sticky back velcro will be required and is not included).
Includes different ab plate versions with and without ab buttons for different versions
ANH/ESB/ Cheese grater hand plates
LITE Kits Include:
ALL body armor pieces
Strapping kit with hook Velcro sewn. (note: sticky back Velcro required but not included).
Includes different ab plate versions with and without ab buttons for different versions
ANH/ESB/ Cheese grater hand plates
LITE kits do NOT include ABS cement, ABS polish, or Helmet kit.

hitman
501st Member
501st Member

Post by hitman »

NE is a good kit. I have their previous version AM which fits me at 6'2" 270lbs.

you may have to shorten some pieces down to fit your height, but otherwise it should work out for you. If you do get it, get the full kit. that way you get the helmet as well.

Arcturus1020
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1020

Post by Arcturus1020 »

Hi strwrsgeek241! My name's Jim and I live over in Aurora, and I'm also the XO of the Sith Lord Detachment. I have an ANH Vader and spent a good 2 1/2 years (yes, years!) on the build along with around $1700 to put it all together. I did a lot of buying/selling/upgrading certain parts along the way, as I'm sure you will do now with the Rubies Vader. I'd recommend taking a look at Bannon9k's thread on the SLD about doing a full Rubies conversion to ESB (it's his WIP thread on upgrading parts). You can certainly also just upgrade certain parts of the Rubies costume to get it up to standards, but it will require more time and money. I guess it really comes down to deciding which version of Vader you want to do, and then move forward from there. Be sure to read the CRLs on the costume you prefer to make sure you know what to look for; if you don't know about something, just ask! I'd also encourage you to sign up on the SLD—there are a LOT of great resources on there.

You should tell us a little something about yourself (it's common to do so when new on forums). Welcome to the MWG!

:thumbs:

SHEEPDOG54
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 265

Post by SHEEPDOG54 »

My question to you strwrsgeek241 is why the rush all of a sudden? And yes it is customary for people to introduce themselves so we know something about you.
If you can return or sell off your Rubies Stormtrooper you would be better off. That is by far a horrible looking suit. Then use that money for one of our prop builders kits.
And as far as being in such a rush to build anything, it takes some people months to build a TK to standards. Remember that it is your build and help from anyone in this group doesn't mean they will build it for you.
We are a tight group and consider it a family. We love to help but we have families and careers of our own to attend to. We sometimes have Armor Parties to help people build armor but they are far from few.
So, who are you? How old or young are you? (You have to be at least 18 to be a member.) And do you want to be a member of the 501 ST and why?

TK321
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 321

Post by TK321 »

So, who are you? How old or young are you? (You have to be at least 18 to be a member.) And do you want to be a member of the 501 ST and why?
One would never guess that TK265 is a police officer in real life... :wink:
Rob, Robb, Robert, Robby.
So many personalities, so little time.

SHEEPDOG54
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 265

Post by SHEEPDOG54 »

????? Who, me? No way! :twisted:

TK321
MWG Member