My various blaster rebuilds

Tips and tricks for Star Wars-related costumes and props. Armor builds and other SW costuming questions and answers.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

LordJohnWhorfin
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 6444

My various blaster rebuilds

Post by LordJohnWhorfin »

I figured I ought to post photos of my various weapons repaints/rebuilds/modifications (etc.) for your perusal (or criticism or whatever). In the early '80s, I kit-bashed a couple of guns which hung for many years in my old office but, sadly, I never documented these and they are now long gone. In the intervening years, I repainted and modified many others, some of which might still be in my basement -- or not.

[Please excuse my not having the correct designation for some of these toy weapons... I often obtain them without the original box and, quite frankly, I really don't care what they are named -- they are simply fodder for modification, in my opinion.]

To date, I have reworked three of those Clone Trooper "Build-A-Blaster" kits -- one is awaiting final touch-up painting. I also found a Star Wars blaster at Goodwill, which was among my recent repainting process, so these will appear together in the following set of photos...

Here's a couple photos of the starting material for these guns...

-- and --

The most recently acquired Clone Trooper Rifle kit had a non-functional row of lights, so I needed to open it in a (successful!) attempt to repair it. For the sake of reference, here's a photo of the opened component --

Primer coat in progress --

I was extremely annoyed by the absence of a series of actual holes along the upper ridge of the coling barrel on the one blaster, so I carefully drilled these out --

Here's a WIP photo of one of the Clone Trooper Rifles reassembled before final detailing (this is actually the current state of the THIRD one) --

... And these are various components laid out for hand detailing --

Several of the finished components for the two types of blasters ---

...and again, with the Rifle reassembled (sans stock) --

One more shot, this time with the SECOND rifle I did (for someone else, missing some of the original components; top), alongside the FIRST rifle I finished a couple years ago (bottom) --

... more photos to follow of some of my other weapon repaints, just as soon as I can get at them.

LordJohnWhorfin
MWG Member
MWG Member

Re: My various blaster rebuilds

Here are some of the Nerf pistols for the 2013 Star Wars Day at Joliet Public Library --

Because these are intended for kids to use at the games, I did NOT remove the warning script and logos, and also restored the orange muzzles.

LordJohnWhorfin
MWG Member
MWG Member

This one remains a work-in-progress...

I plan to modify this Middle Eastern "decorative" rifle to use as my Tusken Raider rifle.

501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 7696

Post by 138 »

that will make a fantastic tusken rifle !!

my rifle is a modified hasbro dc-15 longshot as well ..its small for costuming so i lengthened the stock and the barrel
i'm so far from normal.
and it's funny cause that's where i live!!!!
#transparency

LordJohnWhorfin
MWG Member
MWG Member

One more shot ... this one is a converted Nerf "Longshot" (which consists of two separate guns). Already delivered to its owner; minor paint errors were corrected after this photo was taken --