My ESB Boba Fett....So Far

Tips and tricks for Star Wars-related costumes and props. Armor builds and other SW costuming questions and answers.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

MusicalJedi
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 52610

Re: My ESB Boba Fett....So Far

Post by MusicalJedi »

I got the jetpack harness set-up. I think the pack may be hanging a bit too high, so I may need to raise the jetpack hooks a bit. My wife took the picks quickly because I was worried the slits I cut in the vest might fray or tear as they are just that, slits right now. Need to get them stitched up before I mount the pack for more than a few seconds.

MusicalJedi
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by MusicalJedi »

Some nice folks at the Dented Helmet agreed that the hooks are too low, so I will get those straightened out sometime this weekend. Still on the list of things to do:

Receive toe spikes and attach to boots
Order jumpsuit/pouches/spats
Attach hose to gauntlet

terryfett
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 3259

Post by terryfett »

I got my rotj jumpsuit from arkady on tdh...listed under budget flight suit, I think. Real cheap, but awesome work.. she also does the rest of the soft parts, if you need them. I'm just down the road in lisle, if I can help.
Welcome!
Terry
AKA
TERRYFETT!

MusicalJedi
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by MusicalJedi »

I am actually thinking of contacting Arkady in the next month or so, so thanks for the review! I went to college at North Central in Naperville, so am very familiar with Lisle. Thanks for the offer!

MusicalJedi
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by MusicalJedi »

Long time no update…

Change of plans recently….though my Fett remains about 90% complete, I've decided to put that on hold and complete a Biker Scout costume for entry into the legion! Have helmet/armor on order and hope to get it done this summer. Main reason I've put the Fett on hold is I want something that I can move around in easier without worrying about something falling off. I ended up putting my Fett on a mannequin and hopefully will finish it someday. Hoping to post some progress on the Biker Scout soon…just purchased an upgraded snout piece for the KS helmet I have on order, and purchased a rivet tool and some rivets yesterday.

MusicalJedi
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by MusicalJedi »

Long time no update…

Change of plans recently….though my Fett remains about 90% complete, I've decided to put that on hold and complete a Biker Scout costume for entry into the legion! Have helmet/armor on order and hope to get it done this summer. Main reason I've put the Fett on hold is I want something that I can move around in easier without worrying about something falling off. I ended up putting my Fett on a mannequin and hopefully will finish it someday. Hoping to post some progress on the Biker Scout soon…just purchased an upgraded snout piece for the KS helmet I have on order, and purchased a rivet tool and some rivets yesterday.

MusicalJedi
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by MusicalJedi »

Here's where I ended up with my Fett.

Still need a new jumpsuit, to attach the hose on the gauntlets, and a few other odds and ends.

Looking forward to posting process on my Biker Scout and likely finishing the Fett as well!

MusicalJedi
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by MusicalJedi »

While waiting for my Anovos TK, I decided to complete my ESB Boba. Ended up purchasing MOW's two-piece jumpsuit and dyed/weathered it the other day. Also attached the gauntlet hose, set up the thrusters and rocket on my jet pack so they're removable for transport , and did a few other odds and ends. I sold my Master Replicas helmet and have a new one on order from a member on TDH. The flak vest desperately needs to be weathered as does the ammo belt, but it's getting there.