My DoopyDoos E-11 full resin kit build

Tips and tricks for Star Wars-related costumes and props. Armor builds and other SW costuming questions and answers.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

woulf
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 7345

Re: My DoopyDoos E-11 full resin kit build

Post by woulf »

A little more progress...heading in to the home strech...

Here's what the main body looks like now...props to solcar23 on my paint selection. used the black hammered finish for my blaster body. taped off the grip, and left off scope rail with scope and counter

Finally found the right stuff for my bolt spring...using 10 AWG solid wire (Im an electrician...gotta use whats around :mrgreen: ) and coiled it around a 1/2" diameter dowel...it fits perfectly in my barrel

And finally, the last few pieces to paint, got a nice prime on them... end cap, bolt handle and spring

A man might befriend a wolf, even break a wolf, but no man could truly tame a wolf.
George RR Martin

woulf
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by woulf »

Almost there...final coat of paint on all componants...and assembled. waiting on glue for last piece to dry, some detailing, and then a clear coat. Image

Ok, first i put my barrel in, and put the scope rail into place as picture a few posts back. I used a little E-6000 for added asurance, they are held with resistance, but can never be too cautious. next I slid my dowel rod bolt in place. I then used my "pin" method to attach the bolt handle. I drilled a hole in the handle and bolt at corresponding spots, then took a cut off finish nail and glued it to the bolt, then filled hole on handle with glue and slid it over the pin.

Now i painted the spring i made earlier aluminum. I cut it to length, so its snug against the bolt and the back of blaster.
Now to screw in the back of scope rail...I waited on this because i thought the screw might go into the camber and not allow everything to fit inside
And here it is, all assembled, just need to wait for the glue to cure on the rear plug :mrgreen:
A man might befriend a wolf, even break a wolf, but no man could truly tame a wolf.
George RR Martin

woulf
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by woulf »

Ok, everythings togther and painted...now just a coat of clear to dull, and protect it :mrgreen:

I did some light weathering to it to give it a used, but well maintained look :mrgreen:

Also added the counter wires and front sight piece thats missing from casting
George RR Martin

Schph Gochi
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1951

Post by Schph Gochi »

so....
where do I send the 55 gallon drum of Excedrin?

lol...

wow...intense!

gazmosis
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 4034

Post by gazmosis »

The circle is now complete!!!!!!! YEA!!!

woulf
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by woulf »

gazmosis wrote:The circle is now complete!!!!!!! YEA!!!
Youre still the master :mrgreen:
George RR Martin