Savage Opress.. Oye

Tips and tricks for Star Wars-related costumes and props. Armor builds and other SW costuming questions and answers.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

mizunomiko
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 4992

Savage Opress.. Oye

Post by mizunomiko »

Alright the kid has chosen what he wants his dad to be. And has picked Savage Opress. Does anyone know where I would even start with this thing?
I am not afraid. I was born for this

iam8114
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 8114

Re: Savage Opress.. Oye

Post by iam8114 »

oye is right.

Not really sure where he falls to begin, but you are looking at a new character that hasn't really been done yet, not even sure if there are standards for him or not.
James Norman
TK/TI-8114
Wedge Antilles - Outlaw 2

TK3446
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 3446

Post by TK3446 »

mizunomiko wrote:Alright the kid has chosen what he wants his dad to be. And has picked Savage Opress. Does anyone know where I would even start with this thing?
Start working out. Don't know how big you are but Savage is big and bulky.
Neil " El Blanco Lando" Auer
TK3446

iam8114
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 8114

Post by iam8114 »

isn't he also shirtless? (uhoh, I'm giving eric ideas...)
James Norman
TK/TI-8114
Wedge Antilles - Outlaw 2

TK3446
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 3446

Post by TK3446 »

iam8114 wrote:isn't he also shirtless? (uhoh, I'm giving eric ideas...)
He is that's why you have to have the right body to be him.
Neil " El Blanco Lando" Auer
TK3446

Darth Spice
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 7306

Post by Darth Spice »

Damnit Neil you stole steroids right out of my mouth. AS crazy as this sounds, I saw one at Comic-Con but it sucked pretty bad. But I guess it was a start! :P

http://www.sandtroopers.com/events/sdcc ... get90.html

GOOD luck! HERE was my favorite in that particular gallery...

http://www.sandtroopers.com/events/sdcc ... get89.html

ONLY in Cali can a gal make Chewie smokin' hot. :lol: darn, now I miss my Ukrainian pedi-cab driver dressed as Capt. America ALL over again! Couple more days I might have been in love! :cry:
MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME!!!!!

BE A DOG!

Zombie_Bunny
501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 4838

Post by Zombie_Bunny »

I would agree with the others in saying that you need to have the right body to pull this bad-boy off. He does have a full outfit though in case you didn't want to paint your chest and back. Since he is a new character, it will be hard to find threads on him, but you can always look at the paint and horns in the Darth Maul threads on this detachment site:
http://forum.501stsithlords.com/
I would say join their forum and go from there. On there, you might be able to find someone that makes Darth Maul horns, and ask for a custom longer set? You can find out what is the best type of body paint as well as figuring out if free handing the skin design versus stenciling. The best glue for the horns and so on. The hardest part about trying to do a character that no one else has is figuring out how to make the actual costume. There won't be many tutorials if any anywhere.

Good luck, and I'll try to assist but you might get the most specific help on the forum I linked above.

Janine

Vadersblade
501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 8310

Post by Vadersblade »

tn_339284_10150352570725380_509570379_10282881_3632254_o.jpg
PQ and I were just talking about Savage the other day. One guy up in Canada has gotten him pretty close to done. I think his paint could use some tweaks, but otherwise it looks like he might be the first in the Legion. I hear his leatherwork is all custom, and was very pricy. Next time you're around someone with access to the Legion boars, have them check out this thread:

http://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... ght=savage
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mizunomiko
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 4992

Post by mizunomiko »

Thank you to all of you, and I would like to point out that my son picked this for my hubby. Not myself. Nick is a soldier and has the muscles, but would rather be covered. I am a bit too..as we say chesty to ever be able to pull this one off. LOL I will go through what you guys have on here and what Remo sent me and go from there. I'll keep you guys updated. This one will take me a while since I have 6 other costumes that I need to do from start to finish.
I am not afraid. I was born for this

Rebel Doughboy
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9336

Post by Rebel Doughboy »

This will be an adventure for sure...

I think sintra be a good medium to make some the shoulder pieces and stuff? Or rather start off with foam board to then move onto other materials. Jen and Anthony have experiance with Sintra, Anthony made his Anakin with it and it looks good.
Many bothans died to bring you this post...the tearing of ligaments and almost the loss of a TK's finger...

Zombie_Bunny
501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 4838

Post by Zombie_Bunny »

Sintra is really easy to use. It cuts easily, and bends easily if you are careful. It's very light and isn't too expensive. I bought a 8ft x 4ft sheet of gray for $60ish. The gray is more than the white, but I didn't want it to scratch and have white show. And I also picked it up from the northside, so no shipping.

Darthmaulsghost
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 6876

Post by Darthmaulsghost »

I'm working on a Savage atm. The one from Canada looks great as far as the outfit, the horns are way to big and the paint is not correct colors. I'll try to update as I progress.