Post by TKvanB »

EVENT: Meet & Greet appearance in the Museum of Science & Industry's Great Hall

WHEN: SUNDAY DECEMBER 30, 2007 11:00am – 4:00pm

WHERE: Museum of Science and Industry http://www.msichicago.org/
57th Street and Lake Shore Drive

Event planning thread:
IL-Chicago-MSI-SW:WSMI /Great Hall appearance-12/30/2007
http://www.midwestgarrison.com/forum/vi ... php?t=7550

REPORT: (by Kathy van Beuningen, TK9989)

The Museum was sold out today despite the Bears vs New Orleans Saints today at home in Soldier Field (Bears won)

Members of 501st Legion Midwest Garrison, Rebel Legion Midwest Base & friends were out in force once more today at the Museum of Science & Industry's exhibition of Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination here in Chicago.
Our Members spent the day in the museum's new entrance area, the Great Hall. An other day of non-stop photo ops for everyone's favorite Star Wars characters!

We had quite a few rebels representing today including:
Luke Zintak (Luke) and Michelle McVicker (Leia) joined by our own Old Ben Kenobi (Lionel Botarri - of 2007 Rose Parade fame!) plus Jedi Tim Thompson and undercover Jedi operatives TK1951 & TK9989 Phyllis Schulte & Kathy van Beuningen had plenty of lightsabers to pass around to the children for some memorable photo ops.
Darth Vader (Ted O'Sullivan / SL0943) was joined today by Boba Fett (Mark C Berry / BH4265), TIE Pilot (Paul Bregola), Tie Fighter Officer (Marilyn Fornell) and our newest & littlest stormtrooper (Quincy Newkirk). Yes, I do believe that I was finally successful in being able to clone myself!
Quincy had a great time in the armor today -- she didn't break anything, she made a bunch of babies cry and she was giving out the trooper hugs & high fives to all of the kids!

R2-S5 stole the show again today keeping our Imperial crewman & cheif droid technician IC4050 (Darryl Sorensen) busy as always. Darryl had his mouse droid out and about for a little while, but the crowds were just too thick today to allow the little rodent-bot the ability to operate freely.

I was operating Michelle's camera & didn't know that I was accidentally taking video instead of stills -- so we might have a few movies to show soon. Phyllis & Sage also took some pictures, so look for those soon!

Thank you Belinda R Berry for your moral support today! :D

Next weekend Members of the Midwest Garrison & Base are planning to costume both Saturday (1/5) and Sunday (1/6) then the exhibit will be off to The Franklin Institute Science Museum http://www2.fi.edu/ in Philadelphia (Opens February 9, 2008)

501st Legion / Midwest Garrison / Rebel Legion / & friends Participants:

Kathy van Beuningen / TK9989 / Jedi
Ted O'Sullivan/ SL0943 / Darth Vader
Lionel Botarri / Obi Wan Kenobi
Paul Bregola / TIE Pilot
Marilyn Fornell / Tie Fighter Officer
Luke Zintak / Tatooine Luke Skywalker
Phyllis Schulte/ TK1951 / Jedi
Mark C Berry / BH4265 / Boba Fett
Belinda R Berry / ID5187 / costume support
Quincy Newkirk / stormtrooper
Michelle McVicker / Princess Leia
Darryl Sorensen / IC4050 / Imperial Tech / Droid operator
R2-S5 (the Purple Droid)
Sage Sorrensen droid support
Gina M Martino / ID6216 / Padme Clone Wars
Tim Thompson / Jedi

PICTURES: coming soon
The Midwest Garrison, proudly serving the 501st Legion since 1999.

Schph Gochi
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1951

Post by Schph Gochi »

More photos:

http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa30 ... 012-30-07/

Pretty soon we can be like McDonalds...
1 Million served....lol...

Non stop traffic all day by us...that's for sure.

One thing about being in Jedi is that I could chat with some of the people attending....so very many of them came to see the Star Wars Exhibit and hoped to get tickets.....most were disappointed and we costumed geeks were as close as they got...and they were greatful for that!

Also spoke to one of the ladies from the custodial department...
she stated that the crowds at the MSI the last couple of week have been gigantic....and also credited that to the Star Wars exhibit...
so...
I would say that the MSI made a few bucks off of Star Wars....
:wink:

TI4438
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 4438

Post by TI4438 »

I wish Cherri and I could have trooped with you guys,but I can't bring myself to blow off a Bears game for anything less than a life or death reason.Great job and we'll see you guys at MSI on January 6.

TKvanB
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9989

Post by TKvanB »

"TK" 9988 is more like TK501's mini-me! :shock: :lol: That trooper can not stand still!
The Midwest Garrison, proudly serving the 501st Legion since 1999.