IL-Springfield-I-Con 2007-Aug 10th-12th

Moderator: Garrison Officers

davehodo
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
4poziom.waw.pl

IL-Springfield-I-Con 2007-Aug 10th-12th

Post by davehodo »

This is an event that the 70th explorers usually attend, but they were unable to make the trek this year. I let TD 9543 (Justin Canton) know about it as well, and we attended the event on Saturday the 11th. I had my daughter(10yrs.)dressed as a jawa and we had our scratch built gonk droid also in attendance. The jawa really went over well, as a group of guys chanted "jawa,jawa" when she walked in. We took many pictures and actually met a guy who has a full royal guard costume. I got his email address and have invited him to join us.(501st)

Justin and I talked to the event organizers, and we were invited back next year. Next year we will have our own booth set up and be able to do a little more recruiting. This could turn into a regular event for us down here in central Illinois. This year it was a last minute thing, but next year we will be a little more prepared and have a little more time to get things together.

event attended by:
Dave Hodo tk5052
Justin Caton tk9543

For more information about this convention, please visit http://www.mecca-anime.com/I-Con/i-con.html