Moderator: Garrison Officers

InvaderSith
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 1719

IL-Carol Stream-Independence Day Parade-July 4th, 2007

Post by InvaderSith »

Cheryl (Rebel scum), Kathy(Stormtrooper), Tom(Royal Guard), Bill(Boba Fett), Gina(Bespin Leia), and Aimee(Biker Scout) all met at my house around 8:30am. Accompanying Aimee were her daughters Gabby(Mini ANH Leia) and Darcy(MWG cheerleader). Alyssa(Mini- TIE pilot) tagged along with me(Darth Vader), as usual.

The day was mainly cloudy, with a decent breeze and the sun peeking through occasionally. The humidity was high, but bearable with the temperature in the mid-70s.

We went to the parade's staging area, where we promptly got separated due to parking issues.

Eventually the group was reunited in the parking lot by the main line-up area. We waited our turn to march and ended up being fairly close to the front of the parade.

We marched with Aimee and Darcy carrying the MWG banner (Darcy occasionally trying to shove her mother into the crowd...Watch those turns!) and the rest of us strolling behind them. Gabby and Alyssa were trying their best to be stomped by the Dark Lord as they kept stopping in front of me to pick up candy. Alyssa was putting candy into every pocket of her flight suit and tucking whatever would not fit into her gloves.

The crowds loved us! We felt bad for the jugglers preceding us because their antics were overshadowed by the sight of our group and the costumes we've all worked on so much.

I have a few pictures to post when I get them uploaded. Anyone who has more, please post!
Last edited by InvaderSith on Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dark Lord of the Snark
SL/TI-1719

TKvanB
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9989

Post by TKvanB »

The Midwest Garrison, proudly serving the 501st Legion since 1999.

cplBear
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by cplBear »

Nice Lookin Sith Lord in that Red White and Blue outfit . IS that Darth Sam ? :oops:

TB 0101
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 101

Post by TB 0101 »

Great write up, Jason! We were giggling over it last night :D

If my bucket is really as yellowed as that pic makes it look, I have to do some serious repainting soon.
~Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it~ G Santayana

Schph Gochi
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1951

Post by Schph Gochi »

:thumbsup: