Moderator: Garrison Officers

Schph Gochi
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 1951

07/08/16 New Lenox Relay For Life

Post by Schph Gochi »

My VERY sincere thanks to all of the members who drove long distances and on a warm night chose to give their time to this Relay For Life.
The person that requested our appearance at the Relay is a long time friend and fellow restoration volunteer.

The entire theme of this Relay was chosen based on an appearance by the Midwest Garrison and Nar Shaddaa Base. The theme was "May the Cure Be With You".

These events are very meaningful for cancer survivors, caregivers, family and friends of those who have experienced the pain of a cancer diagnosis. It was our main duty and privilege to lead the Survivors lap of the field.

I know that there have been changes in recording of charity donations, I am reporting the following as we were invited to attend this, the theme was based on our being there, and we had a duty to perform.

The event raised $33,410.49 at this posting - so that might be considered indirect funds.
Direct funds was $50.00 as I personally made a donation to the team of my friend Mark Wieclaw.

Participants:
Chris Ward - TK 81477
Michael Stoughton - TK17294
Thomas Turner - SL4913 - Chewbacca
Steve Mamman - TK7345 - X-Wing Pilot
Laura Smith - NSB - Jedi
Blair Douglass - NSB - Classic Leia
Phyllis Schulte - TK1951- Rebel Fleet Trooper/Droid Handler

More photos can be found here:
http://s1099.photobucket.com/user/Midwe ... t=3&page=1

Runnin'6712
Garrison Event Coordinator