The Other Other Serious Guy

Costumes outside of the Star Wars universe.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier
4poziom.waw.pl

Post by Jodo »

Thanks! :D I tried doing the water method (water boarded myself...), and my make-up is water proof it turns out. :lol: So I used a stiff paint brush with lots of water and make-up. It took way to long and isn't exact enough for my likes. I'll have to work on it, but my eyes are gonna fall out if I get any more make-up in them. :lol:

EDIT - Next time I'll deffintly use the paint brush on the white first to show more skin under it. Then add the black to smear it even more. I think that way there will be the under tone of the skin (more), then the black smears over that (less black next time too). Then just overall weather evrything. I did the skin above the eye by tapping myself with a towel, so I think if I do something similar to evrything else it'll look more like the realy bad version after Batman beats him to death. :lol:

I love the weathered look now, I'm thinking of looking into a new vest now, one that fits properly,etc.

I had more skin showing (lol) under the black at first, but I re-did it so many times I lost most of that, and the black eyes just kept getting bigger and bigger. Thanks for the imput, if anyone has any other comments on how to improve, I deffintly want to hear them.

Oh! And now I'm looking for prosthetic scars, I don't want to have to mess with collodion any longer. (Little known fact, rigid collodion goes from being a smelly liquid, to a smelly gas. Don't get high off of it kids.)
Jodo ~ Decipher Jodo Kast - Battlestar Marine - BSG Razor Marine - TDK Joker(s) - My Next Awsome Project ~

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Been talking about the nurses costume on the RPF, and relised I hadn't taken any pics. of the lapel watch :

ImageImage

Someday I might upgrade to a zipper one, but until then. :P
Jodo ~ Decipher Jodo Kast - Battlestar Marine - BSG Razor Marine - TDK Joker(s) - My Next Awsome Project ~

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Ok, I've been wanting to do the Nurse make-up for a while, yet somehow when I finaly decided to, evrywhere in a 30 mile radius sells out of sticker paper for the Dent sticker. Oh well....I still need the correct pen light (soon!), the belt, and pink trim....Enjoy?

And your bonus :

Fat guy in a dress, what's there not to like? :P

EDIT - To clarify, I based the application on the cleaner nurse version, and the scars are obviously just place fillers. I think the skin lines on the eyes need to be a bit longer. :

EDIT 2 - Less black next time too...

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Here's exactly what needs to be changed, LOL.

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

I got a new pair of shoes tonight, they're RJ Colt. They're not REALY accurate, but they'll do a good job for the price I paid, an incedible job realy...Not to mention when the girl asked we what they were for, she absoutly freaked out. I gave her some of my pictures, and she literaly ran around the store screaming. It freaked some customers out, LOL. She even offered me a job. :lol:

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Here they are! :D

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Well frak. Frak! Frak! Frak!

I had time to do my make-up again, and I've been itching to try a stab at the interogation scene style make-up. And I started out with bad luck, because I couldn't find my make-up. After I did, I could only find my old white clown make-up. The phone rang a dozen times, and the dog woudn't quit barking. The cat made a big friggen mess, and I was pretty much pre-occupied evry second.

Then comes the worst kicker. I put the *insert potty word here* make-up on backwards! For the first time, in....Say....10 applications, lookin' at pics. evry single day...I put the scars on backwards. So my details are backwards. Which makes me mad. And then come to find out, my ol' white make-up....You guessed it...Made me break out in bumps on my forehead. Or more than I usual have anyway. Sooo...Somebody tell me I did good, so I don't go nukkin' futs. :(

ImageImage

bassclarinets
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 5365

Post by bassclarinets »

Do you do base layer of foundation underneath the white.. I HAVE to do it under most makeup I can wear (Esp white makeup for amidala). Nothing too heavy.. Just enough to layer between the white and my face to prevent breakouts..

Jen
"one way of developing character is to help the less fortunate. Getting insulted for several hours is the least I can do." - Judge Tony Polumbo

bassclarinets
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 5365

Post by bassclarinets »

Ps.. I use lancome liquid under my white because you can get a custom blend tint AND it's the least expensive of the "doesn't make me break out in hives" options

Jen
"one way of developing character is to help the less fortunate. Getting insulted for several hours is the least I can do." - Judge Tony Polumbo

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

No I don't, but I may start having to! :lol:

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

I gave some of those last pics. I took to my aunt who hangs them at her work. She got quite a few comments on them, my favorite being from a co-workers kid.

"Hey, come look at these pictures I just got." *shows my last two "dark pictures to him*
"Hmmm, I love the Joker."
"Yeah? This is my nephew."
"That's your nephew?"
"Yes, he does all of his own work."
"Wow......Your nephew played the Joker?!?! :shock: "

LMAO! :lol:

My second favorite thing would be a lady out there went to get her husband who takes semi-professional pictures, and after he saw what I took, he offered to take pictures of me, as many as I wanted, just as long as I'd sign one for him to use in his portfolio :shock:

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Hmmm, because a few things that I'd like Magnoli to change on my Joker coat when I order it, like the lapels, belled sleeves, liner,etc. I think I'm going to wait to order it for a little bit longer. However, I think I might do the "Police Car Escape" Joker this year. I'm just not for sure. My sister wants me to do Johnny Depp's Willy Wonka so she can go as Veruca Salt. :lol:

For the Police Car Joker, I'd be out $480 (before I sold my current gloves and tie.) as I'd like to replace my pants, vest (V3.0 upgrade. :lol: ), tie, and gloves. So I've got like...61 days to figure out what I want to do. :?

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Ordered my Joker gloves and tie a second ago, as well as a very nice Glock pistol. :D :D :D

I also ordered an accurate pen light for my nurses costume, but the place may not be able to complete my order. :cry:

So I still need for V1.5 : Pants, vest, socks, and suspenders. :lol:

I found a place I'm going to get a SA knife as well. 8)

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Got the glock today and I'm sorta dissapointed. #1, the slide is orange, and #2, they cheated me out of my fake silencer I was going to use as a base for my custom one.

So with some slight difficulty, I finaly reached them by phone, and realy got no deffinite answer if I'm getting one or not. Another guy even called after me, and a guy told him his model didn't qualify for a free silencer. So there's quite a bit of confusions in the company. It's still pretty awsome though, just wish it came stock without the orange.

Sands
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 1590

Post by Sands »

Make a silencer.

o331marine
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 4982

Post by o331marine »

well the reason it comes orange is so cops dont think u have a real gun when u use its. all airsoft guns come standard with orange so you dont get shot by a real one.
MWG comic relief

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

I deffintly plan to, but I need the threads from the cheap one to stick on the back of the custom one. I think I may call back tomorro and see if they'll hand pick me a non-orange one out. I tried sanding the layer of orange off of it a bit ago and it didn't work to well. I might have to take it apart and repaint it now. :roll:

EDIT - Ya I know, but Hecubus at the RPF received this one direct from the company. And I don't plan to bring it out in public either way. :P :

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

OMG...OMG....I just used PayPal for the first time in a LONG time because I HAD to have this peice of awsome. I'm so happy right now. But I'm nervous! And excited! And I'm nervous! I realy hope this comes out as good as it looks in the picture....

I had been looking for a Meister Glock for a while, and talking to some fellow clowns last night, it made me do some searching this morning. And I found this one, and I got realy excited. The handle isn't right, but I'll over look that because of the trademarks and metal slide. :D

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Got my new gloves und tie today!!!! 8)

I just need to boil the wrist of the gloves to make them a bit tighter.

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

I came pretty close to being sick myself, my nose is running this morning, but I made the party here last night by the skin of my teeth. :wacko I literaly just ran out of time. I started a bit late, so I knew I'd have to rush towards the end. And with only like 15 mins. to go, I hadn't applied my black or red. (Which when I do it slowly takes me about 25 mins. So I ended up rushing both.)

I'll be the first to say, I hate the black around me eyes. Enspecialy around the outsides of them. It was also my first time using transfers, so that made me nervous that I was going to screw one side up, or the other. And naturaly, one didn't take right. The one, one lets see...My Left. The short one. I applied it, and the area around my mouth didn't even stick to my face. So I pushed it down realy hard and it stuck more that it was. So I'm sorta dissapointed with that one.

And as I expected, once the scars are applied, it makes it hard to scrunch up your face properly. So when I do those again, I'll be sure to fine tune the eyes before I apply them. Man, I just realy wish the black on the eyes woud of came out like I did last time. :(

I wish they would of been more like this :

EDIT - I also beleive the scars are just a bit to big for my face.