The Half Blood Prince at the Deathly Hallow

Costumes outside of the Star Wars universe.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

psykojedi7956
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 7956

The Half Blood Prince at the Deathly Hallow

Post by psykojedi7956 »

Thought I'd share what we did on Friday evening.
Friday evening, there was a party at a tiny local bookstore for a tiny little book that probably no one will read. :roll:
Truth be told, it was the release party for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows at Barnes and Noble's. There were games and activities for the kids to do and an all around good atmosphere of Potter enthusiasts. I thought I'd spice things up a bit and go as Professor Severus Snape. Jen and my efforts did not go to vain. As I walked past the window around 6pm as people stood in line to get their bracelets (which determined when they could get in line that night to purchase the book) I received hoots and hollows, and when I entered the store I got a standing ovation (although it may have been for the McDonald's I was carrying). I was complimented by the staff for enhancing the party. Children ran from the imposing professor with fear of losing house points or receiving detention. And to top it off, I won the adult costume contest (which I had no idea there even was one), allowing me to receive a free copy of the book and be first in line to get it. All in all, a fun night.

Now I bet you want to see the winning entry? :lol:
ImageImage

To see the pics from the night, go to the album

TB 0101
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 101

Post by TB 0101 »

If you can do Rickman, you can do Alexander Dane :lol:

The pics are great!

I slung several hundred boxes filled with those darn books in the past week...needless to say I don't ever want to see one again!

SHortTrooper
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by SHortTrooper »

WOW! Nice job on the costume!!!!!!

Short TRooper
Well, I'm going THIS way, not THAT way!

TKvanB
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9989

Post by TKvanB »

WoW! That is nice!
The Midwest Garrison, proudly serving the 501st Legion since 1999.

bassclarinets
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 5365

Post by bassclarinets »

that was my (ok, anthony can claim SOME work on it, but not the bulk of it - cover buttons are not fun to make and sew on) little "project" while i was procrastinating :) we got REALLY lucky with the fabric (a really really nice garbadine for the jacket for $1/yd - walmart and the cloak was also $1/yd :) )

i just wish that i had a male "form" for the jacket because it would have made the front fit a bit better, since we figured it out on my dress form (mostly) and did final fitting on anthony..

:) I think he is going to wear this at wizard world, but i am not 100%, we got more temp hair stuff today (it was on sale :)) so at least he won't have crunchy hair from the cruddy spray-dye stuff (the color pulse stuff works SOO much better)

i just hope that he finds more times to wear it than just halloween now because it did turn out so nice (and the jacket was made without the serger, so i bound all of the seams in a nice green, so it turned out REALLY nice internally too :))

jen
"one way of developing character is to help the less fortunate. Getting insulted for several hours is the least I can do." - Judge Tony Polumbo

Targ
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 3853

Don't Snipe the Snape

Post by Targ »

Your Snape is terrific. Now that Order of the Pheonix is out they finally give us some good views of my hero, Mad Eye Moody. At least now I can do a better job on my costume for next year. It will take that much time just to do the vest. I still have to find a better duster and to build his staff.
Served the Empire as Jolly Roger Squadron Detachment Leader 2005-2013
Now serves as Mentor,
and Shadow Commander.

hopeful recruit
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by hopeful recruit »

what "tiny little bookstore" was this? It looks so familiar to me.

I must say, I'm a marginal (read first bok, seen first 3 movies) HP fan and this looks absolutely amazing!!
I say you to did a fine job, or in the word of the red-haired screw-up, Ron: "It's bloody brilliant." :D
"Those who never take risks never know what could have been."

bassclarinets
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 5365

Re: The Half Blood Prince at the Deathly Hallow

Post by bassclarinets »

Wow- it's been a LONG time since any updates to this thread- but I figured that I would share a touch..

7956 suited up as Snape again for 3 things in the past 2 weeks (library, book release, movie opening).. and got some really cool pictures..

There was an AMAZING pic taken by the PR firm at the library that (thank you to them) they did send us a real version of.. (Thank you to Ostera | Design from Janesville, WI)

and then there are the other pics

no - 7956 was NOT teaching potions - there was an actual chemistry professor (dean of UW-Rock County) showing "potions" and they had someone in a snape costume who did concede to this snape :)

full album
http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... ?start=all

Did anyone else suit up for the HP premiere or for any HP events? I wore my slytherin robes to all but the movie opening (had to play a gig before going to the movie) ;)

Jen
"one way of developing character is to help the less fortunate. Getting insulted for several hours is the least I can do." - Judge Tony Polumbo

psykojedi7956
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 7956

Post by psykojedi7956 »

I guess I did a good job as several times at the book release party (for the release of Dear Mr. Potter: Letters of Love, Loss, and Magic) and at the midnight showing, people commented about how they were suprised that "Alan Rickman could make an appearance in costume"

Rebel Doughboy
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9336

Post by Rebel Doughboy »

You look a lot like him! Like a younger awesome version and you rock it! Seriously that is really cool.
Many bothans died to bring you this post...the tearing of ligaments and almost the loss of a TK's finger...