My Next Next Project - Captain Jack Sparrow - Halloween 2011

Costumes outside of the Star Wars universe.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier
4poziom.waw.pl

Post by Jodo »

She's the best mom I've ever had.

:lol:

Got my shirt from paulette today. :D
Still need to retie my belt effects. Forgot all about it. :lol:
Jodo ~ Decipher Jodo Kast - Battlestar Marine - BSG Razor Marine - TDK Joker(s) - My Next Awsome Project ~

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Dang it...New pictures of OST Jack are up from SDCC...And there are a few changes I do NOT like. :(

OST SPOILERS!

First...The new pistol...Which turns out I do not have. :( I was hoping it would be a metal style one, but it's not. It's a wood handle, with a metal barrel. Anyone know of any place to find one, or any that look like it? I'd be forever gratefull for ye help, savvy! :D

Second up, is the new AM belt. The belt is now lacking the nice hole design and stuff, it's just a straight row of holes and not at all as fancy as it was. I won't change mine, I like it to much. :lol:

Third would be the fact that they have added another "layer" to the AM buckle. It now fits the belt. It seriously looks like they took one of the good buckles and sodered in one of the small chinese copies of it. :?

And the most obvious of all changes, would be his pretty blonde highlights. Which oddly enough, are a very close color to my real hair. Sooo....I'll be using my real hair for the "bangs" and I'll find some hair to make into the little twistie danglie thingies, and the few new dreads Jack has.

I'm going to make them removable, because I don't like them. :? He also has new charms and wraps and stuff...Which I'll add closer to OST. I don't want them right now, and I don't like the look of the curls and feathers and crap at all.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/ ... ure3-2.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/ ... re24-2.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/ ... re22-1.png

Oh, he also has a shorter sailors needle, and that little X on his face. LOL.
Jodo ~ Decipher Jodo Kast - Battlestar Marine - BSG Razor Marine - TDK Joker(s) - My Next Awsome Project ~

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

As can be seen here :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/ ... re24-2.png

Jack's sail needle isn't as big as it was. (There's a pill for that.)...Now...Here a while back my friend Sparrow Goods sent me a sail needle and it broke during shipping. He sent me a replacement one, and I am ever thankful to him for doing so.

For whatever reason I didn't toss the broken one out...And now that OST pics have come about...I'm thinking the long peice of the broken one will make a great OST needle. :shock:

So...Here's my first OST costume peice. :

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

I don't have evrything yet...And I left my frakking makeup at home...But I shall not be stopped! :lol:

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

My friend Dave gave me his old trade bead strand, as well as some scrap material to tie into my wig :

And I got my hat as well. :

And of corse, I had to wear it, LOL.

SHortTrooper
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by SHortTrooper »

awwww cool hat!!!!! :D :D :D

Where did you get that?

Short Trooper (Diana)
Well, I'm going THIS way, not THAT way!

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

rrrrbay, it was $30. :D

SHortTrooper
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by SHortTrooper »

$30? not bad....

I can't wait to see you in the full costume on here when it's finished.....it's going to be awesome as my 16 year old says...she's seen pics of you on here and she loves Captain Sparrow...

shortTrooper (Diana)

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Nope, not at all! Enspecialy considering the only other good one (the best, made from the origianl hat template by my buddy Richard) is like $200. :shock:

Hahaha, tell her the Captain loves her as well! :!: Thank you! :D

SHortTrooper
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by SHortTrooper »

BTW I found that emu claw necklace I had told you about...I think.... would it go with what you wear for the costume? It's on a black cord and has turquoise stones between the claws. The Claws are about 2 inches long and about half an inch wide at the base.

I got them off some emu feet that had been sent back to the owner after the birds had been processed for the meat...and the oil...she didn't want them so I took them and used the claws to make one of a kind jewelry.

I won't tell you how I got them off the feet.....
:shock:

Shorttrooper (Diana)

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

That necklace sounds absoutly wonderful looking! Post some pics up, I'd love to see it! :D

Also...I lost a bid on a MR Flintlock by $2 last night. :cry: :cry: :cry:

SHortTrooper
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by SHortTrooper »

Jodo wrote:That necklace sounds absoutly wonderful looking! Post some pics up, I'd love to see it! :D

Also...I lost a bid on a MR Flintlock by $2 last night. :cry: :cry: :cry:

don't you hate that when you lose some thing by a couple of dollars? I have a pair of riding boots that I am hoping to get as they would be perfect for the Jedi costume I am working on..the first pair I won I had to send them back as the seller didn't know the sole of the boot had a large split in the sole of the shoe...

Short Trooper (Diana)

SHortTrooper
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by SHortTrooper »

BTW, can you pm me your address? My camera isn't working right now and I am also going to be getting a new internet service in a few days...so I can't post pics right now...if you can use the necklace for the costume, great if not you have a one of a kind necklace...I don't wear this any more and it's been sitting in my safe keeping box for years. ...the only momentos I have of the emus I had is the egg shells from the babies they hatched and some of thier feathers and LOTS of Pictures. :D

ShortTRooper (Diana)

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

I didn't see your last post ST, sorry! :( Thank you so much for the offer! I very much appreciate it! :D I'll PM you here in just a moment!

I received my Jack Sparrow vest from Mellisa "Rens" this week, she offered it to me, and I can't thank her enough for her it! :D :D :D :D

The back looks a lot like the OST material....And is also the same pattern as my TDK Joker vest. :!:

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Had a good day today, my day off from school!!!! :lol: :D :P ;)

SHortTrooper
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by SHortTrooper »

:shock:

wow...those are fantastic pictures there Jodo...

did you photo shop them yourself?

That costume came out great, and you must feel good about accomplishing that.

ShortTrooper (Diana)

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Thank you! :D

I actualy don't have photoshop, I use something that all the tween girls use on facebook to edit their photos. :lol: It's called picnik. And aside from it's premium effects, it's absoutly free. :shock:

I am quite proud of it, if for anything the wonderful outreach of evryone while putting it together. :D I've gotten quite a bit of this costume for excellent prices, or even free. Most guys spend $2500 or more on their costumes, and go through several changes and versions.

Like, the vest I got for free, the one I was very very near to buying which looks a considerable ammout like this one is $200.

The skull ring and baldric material I got for free from my friend Shylaah.

The wig I got for $117, but for that specific wig, is usualy around $350.

The sword I got for $40, and is usualy $250+

The belts and buckles came out to be $70, and are $200 otherwise.

Boots were $240, and new and unweathered are $400 or more.

And then on each other item I saved $5-$10 on each one. :shock:

I however am not done yet, still have enough to do to keep my busy. :lol: :P

I still need :

To weather EVRYTHING
Get the Kuchi long dangle
pelts
beard braids
stuff to make the end of AWE bandana dangle
and I need to buy materials for my mom to make my baldric. LOL.

So I have plenty to do still. I have not yet begun to fight...To....runaway. :lol:

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

*does the Jack Sparrow coat dance* :D :D :D :D :D :D

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

And so OST Jack begins. :shock:

Now just to move and make everything on the wig, start my flintlocks, get a vest, and a hat....Easy as making a fourth movie. :lol:

SHortTrooper
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by SHortTrooper »

That is a cool pic and you look great as Captain Jack!!!

Has the 4th movie come out yet or is it going to be coming out?

I've seen the 1st one and the second one too....havent seen the third one yet but I heard it's pretty good!

Diana (ShortTrooper )