My Next Next Project - Captain Jack Sparrow - Halloween 2011

Costumes outside of the Star Wars universe.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier
4poziom.waw.pl

Post by Jodo »

Thanks guys!

And yeah, I LOVE coins with holes in them for some reason, I've always loved them. :!:

The TV and computer serive went out today, but finaly came back on...So due to being bored...Here's some CJS casual day pics. :lol:

But on a side note....My flintlock has bowed out and broken. :( So now I need to find a new one.......
Jodo ~ Decipher Jodo Kast - Battlestar Marine - BSG Razor Marine - TDK Joker(s) - My Next Awsome Project ~

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

My friend Shylaah sent me a new ring and lil Jack as gift, and I received them today as a suprise! :D

Jodo ~ Decipher Jodo Kast - Battlestar Marine - BSG Razor Marine - TDK Joker(s) - My Next Awsome Project ~

Fleetfang
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 8968

Post by Fleetfang »

Ha! That's awesome!
Brian Troyan __________________________ Fleetfang
TB-8968/TK-8968/IG-8968/BH-8968/ID-8968/DZ-8968
501st Legion Public Relations Officer (2012-2017)
Midwest Garrison Commanding Officer (2013-2017)
"Think of the solution, not the problem."

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Thanks! :!:

I felt the need to take another "practice" picture today....So it's yet another casual day aboard the Pearl. :lol:

Still need to weather my sash, and wash it more. Once that's done it should lay a lot better than it does now. Also..My lace wrap flipped around on me. But oh well! Practice makes perfect, savvy?

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Bought my linen shirt last night! :D After the holiday I'll give my sizes and it will be made! :D

Which leaves boots, vest, pelts, a glove, and beads to be done!

And then onto the "big" items. Baldric..Hat...and coat. Deffintly need a baldric. But the hat and coat I'll proboly pass on for now. Unless I get a job. But....If I get a job....I'll proboly save up for a Crossfire. I don't quite have enough to swing it, and I couldn't pay for insurance. So until then. You know....I'll stick with the Taurus. :lol: :(

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Ok....I still need to buy some leather/fabric/sting for the wraps and stuff. And I also haven't cut any of the excess of the "tieing" materials off yet. You know...Just incase I messed up on something, LOL.

I've still not put the third coin in the back braid either. :

Here's the back : http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/ ... 010002.jpg

Right :
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/ ... 010003.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/ ... 010004.jpg

Left :
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/ ... 010006.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/ ... 010007.jpg

So it's only about 1/3rd done. LOL.

SHortTrooper
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by SHortTrooper »

:D

Well done!! That is coming along great..... you must have great ferreting skills to find all this stuff.

I have a few question for you? 1.What is a Baldric? And 2.... is that a real chicken foot?

And also where did you get those belts? I'm looking for a plain leather 2 inch wide belt for my Jedi I am working on and I can't find a 2 inch wide belt any where. :shock:

ShortTRooper (Diana)
Well, I'm going THIS way, not THAT way!

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Thank you! I'm quite proud of my budget too...I've spent about 1/3 of what most people have on their stuff. :shock:

A baldric is the sword belt, that goes across his chest, like a bandolier. :) His badlric in the first movie was a plain black one, but in the 2nd and 3rd they replaces it with a realy fancy embossed leather one. I have the vinyl material for it, but I can't do the french binding that goes around it. :(

And yes, that is a real chiggen foot, LOL. My sailors needle, likewise is an actual deer shin bone, and the fertility charms are actual snake vertebres. :)

The belts I got second hand from a guy named Mr Smith....He had them made by a guy local to him. :( I wish I knew someone that did them, because if these ever give out,etc. I'd like to be able to replace them exactly. :(

SHortTrooper
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by SHortTrooper »

Jodo, does Capt. Sparrow wear any necklaces that have claws on them? I have an emu claw necklace that I made a long time ago and I've never used it for anything. If you want it it's yours. I'll need your zip code to see how much I need to send it to you.

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Oooo, that sounds realy cool! If all else fails I'd love to wear it around in general! Does it have a tooth look to it? I have clue what emu claws look like, LOL.

On a side note...

"Do you fear death-William Turner?"

I've always been told I look more like Will than Jack...So...I'm Will too. :lol:

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Just payed for my new weathered CA Boots, same people who make the ones for the movies. :D Should have them before I leave for Virginia. :D :D :D

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Here's some pics. of my palm glove. :

I'm officialy done with my arms!

Mando_TagAlong
Imperial Cadet
Imperial Cadet

Post by Mando_TagAlong »

Those look fun. 'Gratz on finishing the arms, that's a really detail-laden costume! (but aren't those the best?)

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Yep, they sure are! :D

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Hazah! I got my CABoots this morning already! :D

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

POTC 4 SPOLIERS AHEAD!!!!!!!!!!! YE BE WARNED!

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

-
-

Jack has two pistols now. :shock: New OST picture from Hawii shows two flintlock handles...And I have a second flintlock actualy. :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/ ... 010006.jpg

The handles are very similar...I'll take a picture later on similar to the new picture.

OST pic of Jack :

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 3801_n.jpg

SHortTrooper
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by SHortTrooper »

Nice flintlock!

Your doing a great job on that costume and I can't wait to see when your finished with it... :D

DianaG

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Thanks! I'm actualy more done with Jack for next year, than my Mad Hatter, which is for this year, LOL. I'm also looking foreward to Jack, he's just an overall fun character to do, and he's more "out there" than the Hatter. I have no clue how I'll interact with people as the hatter, but I've already figured some very good responses out as Jack. :lol:

I thought my linen shirt would get here today, but it looks like I'll have to wait until tomorrow. :( I sure hope it fits.

P.S. - I might have to take some pics. as Sherlock Holmes too...I found Robert Downey Jr.'s Holmes coat in my closet. :lol:

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Check out what my mom did for me this morning. :happy

Remo
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1659

Post by Remo »

You must have a good Mom.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams".