My Next Next Project - Captain Jack Sparrow - Halloween 2011

Costumes outside of the Star Wars universe.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

SHortTrooper
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier
4poziom.waw.pl

Re: My Next Next Project - Captain Jack Sparrow - Halloween

Post by SHortTrooper »

only thing I have to do is finish a Jedi belt I am working on and then my 2nd Jedi will be finished!

the only problem is you have to keep tweeking them or adding this or that.....or you forgot some thing..... :shock:

Diana (Shorttrooper )
Well, I'm going THIS way, not THAT way!

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Well, I actualy did "finish" one, but that was way back in 4th or 5th grade. :|

And then I've got the green/orange (and weathered) version of Jodo Kast, which I would need soft good for, repaint all the armor, and to purchase a back plate and jetpack for.

I had intentions of doing a Sandtrooper as well, I own the helmet and MG-34, but need everything else, LOL...

And I also considered doing a Jedi Clone Trooper...Which I own the helmet, saber, and material for the soft goods, but lack the armor. (Although I would considering making it out of sintra/trashcan plastic)

OH! And then there's Cade Skywalker, which I made templates for,etc, but lacked enough sintra to finish the armor build. :(
Jodo ~ Decipher Jodo Kast - Battlestar Marine - BSG Razor Marine - TDK Joker(s) - My Next Awsome Project ~

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

After a "dry spell" in costume items....I hit it big yesterday. I had a very nice man PM me on the RPF who had purchased a large ammount of toy guns for his grandson. He offered me one of his spare Zizzle Captain Jack pistols for $10, when they've been recently going for $80. :thumbs: All I need to do is paint it.

On top of this, I was the first person to PM another member on one of the Pirate forums I'm on, for an On Stranger Tides vest, and a tooled leather baldric. I got each of these items at a $60 discount from the original price. Even better is the fact that one item just went on ebay for $400+, and the other $600. :blink: :blink: :blink:

So in the grand scheme of things, I saved around $400 yesterday. :sweat:

Now that I have a vest like this, I'll forego the coat (to show of the goods, as it were,lol). I also have decided to just not worry about buying a Queen Anne flintlock, although I want to thank everyone who tried to help me find one. I may try my hand sculpting one later, but for now, I'm not going to worry about it.

So I'm down to finishing the wig, buying pants, and needing the animal pelts!
Jodo ~ Decipher Jodo Kast - Battlestar Marine - BSG Razor Marine - TDK Joker(s) - My Next Awsome Project ~

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

I got my second hand Acme baldric and vest, as well as my Zizzle flintlock!!!! :drunk:

Nightshifter
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 6443

Post by Nightshifter »

Will you be bringing capt jack to cyphan with ya?
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

I'm actually going to be in New Orleans during Cyphan. :|

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Well, anyone that might be interested to see everything together, and a short story about everything I've got as Jack so far...I "finished" the costume as much as it probably will ever be, at least until the next movie comes out. For Halloween I had my picture taken on the sidewalk for a costume competition, and thanks to everyone's votes on Facebook, I won $500! :

I also was given the lead in my college's play after dressing up as Captain Jack for a speech one day. The play was re-written to include Captain Jack and his band of pirates, and we brought in a total of 1755 people to our preformances. :

Myself and Jacob as one of my pirate crew members:

The Woodsman:

Signing one of many autographs:

In the play, the pirates decide to make evil Dinsey executive Sam Johnson walk the plank, but after some flattery, I halt everything and let the audience decide his fate:

On top of this, one of our cast members, Brad Jordan, is having a film crew follow him around for the Discovery Channel, which he has an upcoming series on. So during our rehersals I was interviewed for his documentary. Between that time, his show was picked up for a season, so our last performance was also filmed (which was a different crew, who were rude, and absoutely filled every sterotype of "reality TV"). So look for me as the evil Jack Sparrow soon. :lol: :?

I was also hired by Fairview Heights Macy's fragrance department for publicity. So a week after returning from Florida, I was back to it! :drunk:

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Here's some assorted shots as well. For no real good reason. :drunk:

Judge Jack Sparrow :

Remo
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1659

Post by Remo »

Nice work on the Captain. I like the peeking up by the table shot.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams".

Jodo
Imperial Soldier
Imperial Soldier

Post by Jodo »

Thanks! Definitely my favorite character I've done so far! :mrgreen: