Steampunk

Costumes outside of the Star Wars universe.

Moderator: Garrison Officers

TK118
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 118

Re: Steampunk

Post by TK118 »

I would LOVE to do a Steampunk costume.. But I don't know when I would ever have the time to do one. :(

Fleetfang
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 8968

Post by Fleetfang »

TK118 wrote:I would LOVE to do a Steampunk costume.. But I don't know when I would ever have the time to do one. :(
Don't you already have a costume of some sort of fantastic mechanical man? ;)
Brian Troyan __________________________ Fleetfang
TB-8968/TK-8968/IG-8968/BH-8968/ID-8968/DZ-8968
501st Legion Public Relations Officer (2012-2017)
Midwest Garrison Commanding Officer (2013-2017)
"Think of the solution, not the problem."

BankyScout
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 7926

Post by BankyScout »

For anyone that is interested, there is a steampunk convention coming up in Madison called Teslacon. It will be happening Nov. 18th-20th at the Sheraton Madison Hotel off of John Nolen Drive. Hurry if you'd like to get passes, since they are already 2/3 sold out.

DreamInInk
Imperial Recruit

Post by DreamInInk »

If you live in Chicagoland, there's this great costume store called Lost Eras. It's right off the Howard CTA stop (1511 W. Howard St) They just have a ton of costume stuff from every genre and theme. Quality ranges from really cheap-o off the rack to very high quality, and I know they rent costumes to local theater groups. I think they're part re-sale, so you can sometimes find really authentic stuff. It's two floors and is full of treasures. Definitely worth checking out if you live nearby!

I got a double breasted vest, tuxedo shirt, and jacket with tails for only $120 for a Windycon steampunk costume two years ago. They also had a beaver skin tophat, but it was a bit out of my price range when a simple felt top-hat would do.

If you're not in that neck of the woods, here are a few great online recourses that I didn't see posted already.

This woman does some amazing custom coats and vests: http://www.kristismart.com/

This place has a bunch of historical re-enactment uniforms and costumes, but it's a bit pricy: http://www.sutlers.co.uk/Sections2.html

This is a very extensive resource page for vendors and events: http://steampunkfashion.moonfruit.com/#

TKRoland
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 4186

Post by TKRoland »

I enjoy Steampunk and would love to make an outfit if I could only figure out where to start. :-p
I prefer emoticons to the written word, and if you disagree.... :(

BankyScout
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 7926

Post by BankyScout »

For anyone that is interested, this weekend, July 21st and 22nd, at the Bristol Renaissance Faire is the Steampunk Invasion.