Moderator: Garrison Officers

psykojedi7956
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 7956

WI-Madison Mallards 6/5/09

Post by psykojedi7956 »

On Friday, June 5, 2009, Master Anakin Skywalker descended on the city of Madison, WI on the third planet from a tiny unnamed star to make sure that General Grievous and his cadre of battle droids did not take over another of the planets of the galaxy......

Matthew Wood was the guest of honor at the Madison Mallards Star Wars & Astrobiology Night. To start the game, Mr Wood introduced the teams using a voice synthesizer so he could sound like his characters; a battle droid introduced the St. Cloud River Bats players, and Grievous introduced the Mallards players. After the players were introduced, he was one of several first pitch throwers (one was a robot that was built by the University of Wisconsin Robotics Club that looked like a boxy wheelbarrow upside down with blue-purple sparkly sequins on it). After the game started, Mr Wood signed autographs and posed for pictures on the third base side of the stadium.
As the gates opened to let the patrons in, many had to ask if I was Mr Wood ("Are you the voice? Do the voice!""Are you Matt?")
After Mr Wood arrived, I patrolled the line, letting those in line know I was there to make sure General Grievous behaved himself or stumping some to the children in line with Star Wars trivia (and being stumped myself as some were quicker and wittier than one would expect). Before I left (around the beginning of the 5th inning) I probably signed more autographs and posed for more pictures than the actual guest did by that time; but there were still about 60+ people in line, so I am sure he caught up.

Album from the game

Members in attendance:
SL7956 Anthony Day- Anakin
Jen Loomis- photographer

TI4438
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 4438

Post by TI4438 »

Those announcements had to sound awesome.

River
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 3166

Post by River »

Anthony,

that is awesome that you and Jen got to meet Matt Wood! Dude, you're great for going out there and doing that troop! you rock buddy!

-River
TROOP! For a cause. What do YOU troop for?

bassclarinets
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 5365

Post by bassclarinets »

The troops for the mallards for the past 3 years have been nice, and I did hear lots of kids comment that anakin was back this year and excited about it :)

It was also beautiful weather, non-smoking inside the stadium, and very few bugs this year.. So it was very nice

Jen
"one way of developing character is to help the less fortunate. Getting insulted for several hours is the least I can do." - Judge Tony Polumbo

Cleopatramwi
Rebel Legion Member

Post by Cleopatramwi »

Fantastic photos! I'm sorry I wasn't there...next year hopefully :)
Dana

"It may be that we fled from the fear of the Dark,
only to find it here before us,
and nowhere else to fly to but the Sea."

www.cleopatramwi.com
www.livejournal.com/users/cleopatramwi