Moderator: Garrison Officers

seven skulls
501st Member
501st Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 6773

Toys for tots toy drive / Racine, WI.

Post by seven skulls »

We made a differance last night by holding a toy drive at the Racine Toys"R" Us store. When we arrived the barrel was almost empty. Patrons of the store had read about the toy drive in the Racine Journal Times and brought their children out to see us right at 6pm. We surprised many people off the street and their looks of surprise, astonishment, and glee are evident in some of the photos from the event. Toy donations were slow going for the first hour. We had some extra flyers that I had printed out so we began handing them to customers as they entered the store. Customers bought extra toys and handed them over the fence between us and the cashiers to be dropped into the barrel. I put my money where my mouth is and bought a Star Wars Jedi projector to drop in to the barrel. Around 7:30 a woman and a young man walked into the store with a couple boxes full of Star Wars action figures, other toys, and three big Suncoast framed movie posters. Then another family brought in a box full. By the end of our two hour tour of duty the barrel was full and we were all very happy that there will be toys under the Christmas tree.
Thanks go to all our local troopers who turned out for this. I'm going to plan to make it happen again next year. Thanks also to Corey for taking these pic.s with my camera. Sorry the battery died but 30 pictures is OK. Welcome Robin, who tagged along, I hope that you continue your quest for the right costume.

In attendance were:
Kevin (George's right hand man) - Boba Fett
Geoff - Glad to be in TK
Tom - Best biker
Kristal - almost headless biker (Had to turn around and go back for her bucket)
Jerry - Gamorean Guard
Scott - Gunner
Codey - Jawsome Jawa

http://s397.photobucket.com/albums/pp56 ... =slideshow