Moderator: Garrison Officers

TI4438
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 4438

IL-Matthew's 8th Birthday Party-Oak Brook Terrace

Post by TI4438 »

A request was made for a few troops to attend Matthew's 8th birthday party through a co-worker of 4026.As this was the first day of our vacation,we said we'd be able to make it.I got in touch with Matthew's father to hammer out the details.

We showed up today at the Oak Brook Terrace Park District around 3pm and were ready to go at 3:30.

We made our entrance to the Star Wars theme,and presented the Birthday Boy with a choice of gifts .He chose the Assasin Droid IG-86.Two Clone Trooper figures were given to the winners of several games of 'musical chairs' which immediately followed.

Just to make sure everybody got something,we then passed out bags of tats and candy to all the kids present,compliments of the Midwest Garrison.

We then broke out a few Stormtrooper helmets for the kids to try on.As usual,the buckets proved to be quite popular.

Before taking our leave of these fine citizens of The Empire,Matthew's parents (two extremely nice people,btw) presented us with a check for $50 payable to the American Cancer Society.

From what 4026 was told,Matthew didn't believe we would make it to the party.I'm very glad we didn't disappoint him.Happy Birthday,dude!

Troops on hand for this event:

TI4026
DZ4438

More pics:
http://s386.photobucket.com/albums/oo309/TI4438/

And a quick vid:
http://s386.photobucket.com/albums/oo30 ... 003-54.flv

TI4438
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by TI4438 »

We got some good feedback from the parents today.Matthew is apparently THE MAN among his friends for having such a cool party and he can't stop talking about it.Matthew's father said he absolutely refuses to wash his hands since the party.(We shook his hand and wished him a happy birthday).He said that's where the 'bounty hunter monster' touched him.I'm not sure if he is referring to just the Tusken or both of us,but's it's still way cool all the same.

seven skulls
501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 6773

Great fun

Post by seven skulls »

Looks like a great time was had by all.
I like your pic.s on photobucket.
Where are all those tanks?
I like tanks too.
Can I have a ride in the blue bros car when it's done?
Scott

TI4438
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by TI4438 »

I photograph tanks anywhere I find them.The VAST majority are form Aberdeen Proving Grounds in MD and the Patton Museum at Fort Knox,KY.
You can definately get a ride in the Blumo.

seven skulls
501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 6773

Cool ride.

Post by seven skulls »

I look forward to it.
Let me know when you have it operational and we'll
have to do a troop together.