501st Legion ID: 3127

IL - Oakbrook - Pottery Barn for Kids 10/10/09

Post by Whinter »

October 10, 2009
Pottery Barn For Kids
Oakbrook, IL
10:00 - 12:00

Event Coordinator: Cheryl "Whinter" Whitaker

This was another fantastic event for a great cause. We all arrived in plenty of time to get suited up and scope out what all was going on there that day. Our first "visitors" braved the chilly morning air and started lining up outside the store at 8:30! From there, the line grew very quickly and when the doors opened at 10:00, the line continued out the door until about 11:45!

We were stationed at the back of the store by all the Star Wars items to sign tons of autographs and take photos with everyone. Occasionally we would break into dance a little when we would hear "The Monster Mash", "Ghostbusters" or"One Eyed, One Horned, Flying Purple People Eater" playing on the store's overhead speakers. I saw many customers getting a kick out of that...as well as the store employees. :wink:

It was a non-stop line out the door until about 15 minutes before we had to leave. Thank goodness! We would've hated to have to leave before we could see everyone. Normally we probably would've stayed a little longer but just as a lot of other troopers had to do that day, we all had the DK Lego Book events to get to before 2:00! So, we all finished up at Noon and high-tailed it to our next events; Remo & Phyllis to LaGrange Borders, Crix to Orland Park Lego Store and myself to the Lego Store inside Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg.
I believe we all made it to our destinations with a little time to spare. :whew:

Thank you to everyone that came out! It was indeed a whirlwind of an event, but I know we all had a good time. And $10,000 to St. Jude is FANTASTIC!! You all rock!!

Phyllis "Schph Gochi" Schulte (ID/TK-1951) - Jedi
Thomas "Crix" Turner (RL) - X-Wing Pilot
Mike "Remo" Riemma (TI-1659) - TIE Pilot
Cheryl "Whinter" Whitaker (TI/TB-3127) - Biker Scout

Pictures:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/41064945@N ... 564284310/

http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa30 ... -10-10-09/

TB 0101
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 101

Post by TB 0101 »