Moderator: Garrison Officers

Marvinrobot
501st Member
501st Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 7242

Wally amongst the Virginians

Post by Marvinrobot »

I did a troop last night with the Garrison Tyranous guys here's some evidence of the hard work...the money donated by the Beachstreet USA folks is going to the March of Dimes...tough work but someone has to do it.
Thumpy wrote:Killer nighttroop! Thanks to Nels, Rick, Bippy! Special thanks to Brian, Troy, and Tom for coming down! Great to meet your family Tom! Nice to see Wally as well! :)

Some pics below; more can be seen here:
http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i266/ ... mview=grid

Taking a Break at the 20th St. Stage garage.
[youtube]<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8T8EMRtAHyI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed>[/youtube]

River
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 3166

Post by River »

so um,

how long will you be in VA? got any um. *cough* other troops comin' up over there??? :)

-River
TROOP! For a cause. What do YOU troop for?

IronManAtArms
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 1296

Post by IronManAtArms »

And here I thought you were suffering or some thing
being away from us.

I knew should have went with you just in case things got out of hand.

I would have made sure of it.

:lol:
"It's better to die on your feet than live on your knees."~ Emiliano Zapata
ImageImage

Remo
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1659

Post by Remo »

Toughen up trooper. :D I know it's a rough job but someone has to do it.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams".

River
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by River »

Remo wrote:Toughen up trooper. :D I know it's a rough job but someone has to do it.

:thumbsup: nice!

Marvinrobot
501st Member
501st Member

Post by Marvinrobot »

It was defintely a harsh environment. I've never felt so used in my life :lol: :lol: I was honestly shocked by the number of "teens" that were all giddy. Even the ones that looked like they were too cool for it came up wanting pics.

TK118
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 118

Post by TK118 »

VERY COOL MAN!

Marvinrobot
501st Member
501st Member

Post by Marvinrobot »

So more of my adventures amongst the Virginians...did 2 troops this week both worthy causes. First one was on a Thursday supporting a children's benefit concert for a 4year old girl named Charlotte who has a brain tumor. Her parents were very appreciative of our support.
R.P. McMurphy wrote:Wow. I am so proud of everyone and to be in the 501st and GT. Every troop I've ever done has been terrific but when it touches so close to home, it's even more intense. And I couldn't even suit up!

From the moment Luke and Ward told the people in the drive-thru to "Move Along" to the very last photo, I had a great time.

Thanks Eddie for making such a long trip and visiting Garrison member Wally also for the making the trip.

Troy's nice donation got everything going in the right direction from the start.

The "Honorary Stormtrooper" certificates were a big hit, thanks John and Jean for bringing them.

Thanks also to Danny and Joel, who looked great, and to Adam for taking some additional photos.

We raised $225.00 today to help Charlotte and her family! That's way more than I had hoped for. In addition to that money, our auctions, which Allen kicked off and Mattax added to raised approximately $210.00. I posted a link on the national page where people could purchase a $5.00 pink rubber bracelet to support Charlotte that raised $50.

So, all told, we raised $485 For Charlotte and her family!

Thanks everyone so very, very much.

The second troop was last night a continuation of the 3-part Beach Street USA saga supporting the March of Dimes. Here are some photos and the link to the photobucket site:

http://s456.photobucket.com/albums/qq28 ... ff/troops/[/quote]

Marvinrobot
501st Member
501st Member

Post by Marvinrobot »

Marvinrobot wrote:So more of my adventures amongst the Virginians...did 2 troops this week both worthy causes. First one was on a Thursday supporting a children's benefit concert for a 4year old girl named Charlotte who has a brain tumor. Her parents were very appreciative of our support.
R.P. McMurphy wrote:Wow. I am so proud of everyone and to be in the 501st and GT. Every troop I've ever done has been terrific but when it touches so close to home, it's even more intense. And I couldn't even suit up!

From the moment Luke and Ward told the people in the drive-thru to "Move Along" to the very last photo, I had a great time.

Thanks Eddie for making such a long trip and visiting Garrison member Wally also for the making the trip.

Troy's nice donation got everything going in the right direction from the start.

The "Honorary Stormtrooper" certificates were a big hit, thanks John and Jean for bringing them.

Thanks also to Danny and Joel, who looked great, and to Adam for taking some additional photos.

We raised $225.00 today to help Charlotte and her family! That's way more than I had hoped for. In addition to that money, our auctions, which Allen kicked off and Mattax added to raised approximately $210.00. I posted a link on the national page where people could purchase a $5.00 pink rubber bracelet to support Charlotte that raised $50.

So, all told, we raised $485 For Charlotte and her family!

Thanks everyone so very, very much.

The second troop was last night a continuation of the 3-part Beach Street USA saga supporting the March of Dimes. Here are some photos and the link to the photobucket site:

http://s456.photobucket.com/albums/qq28 ... ff/troops/
[/quote]

River
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by River »

So XO,

does your wife have access to the boards ;) just wondering :) LOL

Marvinrobot
501st Member
501st Member

Post by Marvinrobot »

River wrote:So XO,

I'm innocent, I'm not Vader, nor did I touch anyone in an inappropriate manner... :D

River
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by River »

Marvinrobot wrote:
River wrote:So XO,

I'm innocent, I'm not Vader, nor did I touch anyone in an inappropriate manner... :D
I won't say anything XO, you outrank me ;)

-River

Augie
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9397

Post by Augie »

Just stick to the story and you'll be fine.

Augie
BH9397

“It's always a Pleasure to Meet a Jedi”

Marvinrobot
501st Member
501st Member

Post by Marvinrobot »

So there I was at "The Wolftrap" ensuring peace and order in the Galaxy and then it happened a familiar tune drifted through the air and I screamed "that's my song!!!"

So this past weekend I trooped with the National Symphony Orchestras performance of the music of John Williams. Maestro Erich Kunzel was made a "Friend of the Legion" Here are some photo and a vid:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deejayqueu ... 1657/show/