MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 3127

Carson Pirie Scott Grand Opening - 11/7/10

Post by Whinter »

Carson Pirie Scott Grand Opening
Randhurst Mall - Mt. Prospect, IL
Sunday, November 7, 2010

Event Coordinator: Cheryl Whitaker (3127)

Our presence was requested by a representative of Carson Pirie Scott to come out for their Grand Opening at the Randhurst Mall in Mt. Prospect, IL. They had been advertising the event, which took place between 1:00 – 4:00pm in the newspaper, online and with flyers. Besides the Star Wars characters, they also had Hello Kitty and face painting for the kids.

The event started right on time and we had a great mix of characters come out for it; Stormtroopers, a Sandtrooper, Imperial Officer, Imperial Gunner, a Shadow Scout and Biker Scouts. It was a great turnout; 9 of us in total.

Our mission for the 3 hours was to roam the store (all three levels) and mingle with the customers, take photos with them and just have fun. We did all three. There were many photo opportunities, and we did have fun with them. The folks at the make-up counters wanted photos with us, as did some of the other cashiers, the DJ they had for the day and even Hello Kitty.

We rode the elevators and escalators (which many of the customers got a kick out of). We even had 2 ladies see some of us, in passing, on the escalators and they ended up turning around and coming back down the escalators to catch us for pictures. They wanted some shots of all of us together so she could send them to her son that was serving in the military overseas. We were of course, very happy to do so.

Things started to wind down and at 3:50, after a last jaunt around the 2nd floor to see if we could find any more kids, we decided to go ahead and suit down. Hello Kitty was nowhere to be seen and the face painter had already packed up her table as well.

At about 4:10, we had just finished packing everything away when we found out there was another woman that approached our contact at the store, Suzy, that was very upset that she couldn’t find any Star Wars characters for her two sons to see. Well, we didn’t want to disappoint the children, so a few of us suited back up to make one more appearance for them. By the time we got back into costume, Suzy had gathered a few more kids to see us as well. Our second appearance was a quick one; 10 minutes at best. Then it was time to suit down again and get something to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings across the parking lot. It was a great way to end the evening.

Thanks to everyone for coming out for this!! And a big thanks to Ashley and Eric’s mom (I’m so sorry. I completely forgot her name) for being our photographers and costume support. We really appreciate it!

Our costumed members at the event were:
Steve Szyndrowski (3052)
Neil Auer (3446)
Adriane Bean (4541)
Aimee Jorgensen (0101)
Eric Pfeifer (3667)
Eric Scheuermann (1819)
Brian Troyan (8968)
Chris Schwarz (9442)
Cheryl Whitaker (3127)

Support:
Ashley Mclintock
Ms. Pfeifer (Eric’s Mother)

Photos:
Eric's
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=7 ... =503942500#

Cheryl's Photos: (care of Ashley and Cheryl)
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=6 ... 1505959392
a charitable donation will be made to Great Lakes Boys & Girls Clubs on their behalf.
Phyllis - I will find out how much they are donating and let you know.

Thanks.
Last edited by Whinter on Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TK3446
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 3446

Post by TK3446 »

Does this outfit make my hair look too big?

Neil " El Blanco Lando" Auer
TK3446

jweger77
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9142

Post by jweger77 »

Nice job all...Neil, what a very hot photo that is....maybe you'll end up in that Victoria's Secret catalog some day!

TK3446
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by TK3446 »

What a great idea!!! Who do I call to land that gig? :twisted:
TK3446

jweger77
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9142

Post by jweger77 »

Let me call up some of my supermodel friends and see what they say. Looks like you all had a great time!

TK3446
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by TK3446 »

jweger77 wrote:Let me call up some of my supermodel friends and see what they say. Looks like you all had a great time!
I can be one of the Victoria secret Angels! :twisted:
TK3446

Whinter
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 3127

Post by Whinter »

From me to Jayne (Carson Pirie Scott)
Hi Jayne,

On behalf of all of us at the Midwest Garrison, we wanted to say thank you very much for having us out to the Randhurst Carson Pirie Scott Grand Opening on 11/7. We were able to gather 9 costumed members for the event and we are very thankful for Suzy taking care of us. We greatly appreciated the beverages and the secure changing room. I hope the customers and employees had as much fun as we did. The kids seemed to really enjoy Hello Kitty, the Star Wars characters and the facepainting. Everyone was so nice and very helpful.

Thank you again for having us.

Reply from Jayne:
Thank you for the feedback and I'm glad you had a good time. I will forward your comments onto the store manager. I requested the check yesterday for $500 for the Great Lakes Boys & Girls Clubs. I'll make sure I contact you for the next grand opening!!

Thank you all again for coming out for this!!!

PHYLLIS - You can add $500 to the charity total, please!! :D

:thewave:

iceburgh
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 9442

Post by iceburgh »

TK3446 wrote:
jweger77 wrote:Let me call up some of my supermodel friends and see what they say. Looks like you all had a great time!
I can be one of the Victoria secret Angels!
We'd all prefer if you weren't one. :lol:
Chris
aka Iceburgh / Lunchbox

TK3446
MWG Member
MWG Member

Post by TK3446 »

iceburgh wrote:
TK3446 wrote:
I can be one of the Victoria secret Angels!
We'd all prefer if you weren't one. :lol:
Me too!
TK3446

Schph Gochi
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1951

Post by Schph Gochi »

AWESOME!

and...
always glad to add $500.00 to our Charity totals..

:D

Thanks again to all who participated...
as always..
it looked like great fun!