Moderator: Garrison Officers

Arcturus1020
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 1020

IL — 9-3-10 KANE COUNTY COUGARS STAR WARS NIGHT

Post by Arcturus1020 »

The very cool and brisk evening started off well after meeting with the Assistant GM to give us a quick run through of the evening's events. After going through that, many of us went outside in front of the stadium entrance to welcome the patrons in full gear. There were so many kids there in costume as well as several adults in costume getting into the mood. Some of those were even without kids.

As the day started at Elfstrom Stadium, the Midwest Garrison led many kids and parents alongside Cougars mascot, Ozzie in a Star Wars costume parade that started in center field and circled all the way around the bases and back out to center field. After the parade, Darth Vader threw out the first pitch to begin the game. We all milled around on the concourse to pose for photos with fans until the end of the second inning when Jango Fett (Arturo) went out on the field to play a game with Ozzie.

We then posed for more photos throughout the evening with fans until we eventually suited down to enjoy watching the game. The last inning really put on the heat as the Peoria Chiefs loaded up the bases with a Cougar lead of 4-2, but the Cougars held them off and got the last man out at the plate ending the game in a Cougars victory.

It didn't end there though, as a fantastic fireworks show followed the game set to the music from Star Wars! The night concluded with many of the members running the bases! The Midwest Garrison thanks the hospitality and generosity of the Kane County Cougars as they not only let us in for free, but our families as well! Next year, they're going to try and plan another SW night but on May 4th.

Attending members of the MWG included for the evening:

Jim Tampa
Mark Van Slyke
Kyle Dorethy
George Norris
Rick Devine
Darryl Sorensen
Sean Baumgartner
Neil Auer
Kevin Skiera
Greg Fischer
Arturo Delgado
Thomas Turner
Rob Hamilton
Cheryl Whitaker
Steve Szyndrowski
(If I missed anyone, please let me know!)

Photo albums:

Neil Auer's photos

Crix's photos

Arcturus' photos

Cheryl's photos (courtesy of Ashley)
Last edited by Arcturus1020 on Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zombie_Bunny
501st Member
501st Member
501st Legion ID: 4838

Post by Zombie_Bunny »

Rob told me how Arturo went out on the field and battled the Jedi Cougar. I'm sure it was epic. Rob even said that Arturo was even fighting like Jango. Awesome.... I wish I was there to capture the moment... :cry:

- JJ

Rebel Doughboy
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9336

Post by Rebel Doughboy »

This was definitly a REALLY fun troop! It was crazy, I've never seen so many kids! But the light in my blaster was sure a hit, and the autograph lol...thanks for another great troop guys!

Arturo, you sir are a beast. Best Jango I ever have seen, infact I thought it WAS the real Jango. Figured I would add that!

Jim, any link to the pictures?
Many bothans died to bring you this post...the tearing of ligaments and almost the loss of a TK's finger...

Arcturus1020
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1020

Post by Arcturus1020 »

Kevin, I added links to my original post below the photos. :D

A few more pics from that night:

Throwing the first pitch (the ball is a blur by the Umps head):

Schph Gochi
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1951

Post by Schph Gochi »

Nicely done!

Who was the Han Solo? Or am I seeing things?

Was this a charity game of any sort?

Moocizzle
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 4382

Post by Moocizzle »

Schph Gochi wrote:Nicely done!

Who was the Han Solo? Or am I seeing things?

Was this a charity game of any sort?
Han Solo was just some random guy, actually :lol: