Moderator: Garrison Officers

SL9965
Garrison Web Liaison
Garrison Web Liaison
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 9965

IL-Champaign Public Library Star Wars Party 1/09/2010

Post by SL9965 »

A very late mission report. My apologies.

Kristen, from the Champaign Public Library, contacted the Legion throught 501st.com and requested characters at their Star Wars party on January 9th. I organized the event and rallied the troops.

I got to the library early to scope out the room where we were going to be and to make sure we had somewhere to dress. Some of the troops were already there, so we took our totes in and I looked for Kristen. We found the room for the event and our dressing area. The dressing area was a service hallway I think. It worked out well though. They had tables that we were able to use.

Kristen was dressed as Princess Leia and there was at least one other library employee dressed as a Jedi. His costume was homemade and I told him that with some boots and a prop saber, he could join the Rebel Legion. I gave him my card, but I haven't heard from him. We could really use some RL around here. You know, to bring "balance". The library had set up a Jabba bean bag throw, a Jedi obstacle course and a trivia contest.

We got suited up and waited until our cue to come out. The room had built in speakers with a cd player, so we were able to enter with the Imperial March playing. We mingled with the crowd and posed for pictures. We also made the Imperial presence known in the rest of the library. We posed for even more pictures with fans and signed autographs.

I heard that they stopped counting kids at around 100. This was a very good event and I'm pretty sure they'll be doing it again next year.

Troops in attendance:
Chip Childress – 9965
Tom Durbin – 9293
Ryan Summers – 2429
Kyle Dorethy – 4982
Kent Heath – 1692
James Noland – 7696

Kyle's brother wore stormtrooper armor for this event.

Pictures from the event:
http://picasaweb.google.com/TK9965/Cham ... 01stLegion#

TI4438
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 4438

Post by TI4438 »

Nice pics.For some reason,library events are a blast.