Moderator: Garrison Officers

Remo
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 1659

IL-Chicago-Children's Memorial Superhero Party 10-26-11

Post by Remo »

The Young Associates Board of Children's Memorial invited us to come out for the Superhero Parties they were having this week. The place was decorated with posters of superheros and various comic characters. The chldren were all given capes to wear and the staff/volunteers wore them as well. There was also a Green Lantern and a Batman to entertain the children. The children had headbands and posters to coler, games to play and superheor videos to watch.

It was myself as a TIE Pilot, and Ted as a Royal Guard at today's event. They brought us all around the floor to visit the kids in various rooms. We stopped in and it was awesome seeing their faces light up as we poked our heads in. We only had a couple that were leery of us and in those cases we would take off our helmets to show them we were just regular people. We had brought along trading cards, tatoos and activity books for the kids. We posed for pctures, signed autographs visited with them all.

The staff was wonderful there. I am so happy that we were given the chance to appear there and i told them if they ever need us to feel free to let us know. This is why I joined up. :)

There was a photographer on site and I will post pics as soon as I recieve them.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams".

crix
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 4913

Re: IL-Chicago-Children's Memorial Superhero Party 10-26-11

Post by crix »

nice work

added to TOD

Whinter
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 3127

Re: IL-Chicago-Children's Memorial Superhero Party 10-26-11

Post by Whinter »

Wonderful job you guys!! :thumbs: Thank you!