Post by Whinter »

MISSION REPORT:

Event: MSABC Donation Station

Where: The Learning Express – Algonquin, IL

ToD List:
Neil Auer (3446)
Steve Gaza (4034)
Cheryl Whitaker (3127)

This was an absolute PERFECT day for costuming! This year we held our Algonquin MSABC Donation Station at the Learning Express Toy Store. John and Sarah (owners of the store) were very excited to have us there and even sent out a bulk email to their online registered customers to let them know that we would be there to raise funds for Making Strides! And to bring in even more customers, they had a big sale on everything in the store. It was a great day for both parties involved!

We got there early to set up our table and then my mom (a 4-year breast cancer survivor) manned the table so that we could get into our costumes. There was a steady stream of customers that came to shop and donate alike. Then there was always the “drive-by” fans that struggled to drive and take photos of us at the same time. Steve and Neil were having a lot of fun with the “drive-by” fans. Steve even had some fun “barking” at all the dogs that were in several of the cars, including a pair of Yorkies that looked like mini Chewbaccas hanging out the car window! They didn’t know what to think of Steve in his Stormtrooper. It was hilarious!

Anyway, at the end of our 3 hour event, we had raised a total of $291.00 (including a generous donation from the Learning Express).

I’m sure we’ll be back at the Learning Express again next year for our 3rd Annual MSABC Donation Station. Keep an eye out for the date next year!

Pictures:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 392&type=1

And for those of you without Facebook: (Gazmosis) :P :wink:
http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x273 ... ?start=all

crix
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 4913

Re: IL - Algonquin - MSABC Donation Station 9/17/11

Post by crix »

added to TOD

I know I already posted this in the "planning thread" this is just kinda a bookmark for myself..
so weeks from now... when I am going thought these, I'll see that I added it, and not have to check it :D

Whinter
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 3127

Post by Whinter »

:lol: I COMPLETELY understand, Crix! LOL!!

Thanks again!

Schph Gochi
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1951

Post by Schph Gochi »

Great job!

I will not post the $$ totals into the Charity report as the money has been reported on-line and will be posted as part of the total $$ the MSABC event raises after the event concludes...

Wish us luck next Saturday when the "Sout-siders" go for it at Berkot's in Mokena...

:wink: