Moderator: Garrison Officers

Rebel Doughboy
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 9336

IL - FCBD - Dreamland Comics, Libertyvillle

Post by Rebel Doughboy »

Free Comic Book Day for Dreamland Comics in Libertyville, IL!

This was their first 501st Troop and well let me tell you it came off to a rather interesting start. I was contacted about three weeks prior for the request of a Imperial presence. I jumped at the opportunity to do my first event! I called Charlie back and told him that we’d be there. So the night before I call and we’re still game. Sweet!

They opened doors at 10:00 AM, or so I thought…they opened prior to when they said they would begin FCBD and I arrived just a few minutes before opening to see people in and out of Dreamland. Plus Eric had already been on site before me. Great…coordinator showing late to his own event…

Better news when come when Eric notified me that Charlie wasn’t even going to work on FCBD and the employees inside didn’t have a clue we were going to gear up, so I felt real great at this point. Then Dave the owner arrived and actually knew we were coming so relief was mine!

Shortly there after the great and mighty Bean’s arrived and gave support to the TX and TK. After dressing in the parking lot, Eric and I began our 6-hour event. Scattered people would arrive, but they were zealous in their comic book’ry! We also surprised the bakey costumers waiting outside Dreamland.

‘Bout time I made this silly goof up! Ugh…

We patrolled and provided a plastic presence to attendees and around lunch, Dave generously provided grub in the form of Jimmy John’s and the squad was nourished for more trooping. We de-suited around 4:40ish and ventured off to spend the rest of the day in relaxation.

It was a laid back troop and the kids who did show were rather appreciative to see some Imperial law enforced!

A downpour would end the small event, a event that I cannot thank Beans and Eric more for showing up to my first event. I appreciate it more than you know troops!

Attending:
*TX-3667 Eric Pfiefer
*TK-4541 Beans/Costume Support
*TK-9336 Kevin Skiera

All pictures, thanks Beans!
https://picasaweb.google.com/beanadri/F ... zPy1iPmCMw#
Many bothans died to bring you this post...the tearing of ligaments and almost the loss of a TK's finger...

jweger77
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9142

Re: IL - FCBD - Dreamland Comics, Libertyvillle

Post by jweger77 »

Nice job Kevin! Looks like a good shop!

crix
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 4913

Post by crix »

added to TOD

let me know if I missed anyone please..

Schph Gochi
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1951

Post by Schph Gochi »

Looks like you had a great time...and...
yeah...a few rocks in the road of any troop always makes them a little more interesting...lol..
all you can do is go with the flow..
so..
NICE first co-ordinating effort!

beans
Garrison Event Coordinator
Garrison Event Coordinator
501st Legion ID: 4541

Post by beans »

Great write-up Kevin!! It was fun, and you did an excellent job coordinating. :) Bumps in the road come with any event, it's how you handle them that counts! So nice job!