Moderator: Garrison Officers

gazmosis
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 4034

Il-Aurora Fox Valley/60502 MSABC Walk-Sun 10/14/12

Post by gazmosis »

ImageImageThe 501st and Rebel Legion United in yet another stellar effort in the battle against breast cancer. The MSABC walk has challenged us for 7 consecutive years and every year we have delivered. This year, our teams combined earning total was $4285. It has yet to be determined what official place this put us in(3rd or 4th), but if there was a column for funds raised WITHOUT corporate support, or WITHOUT matching contributions we would clearly be #1!!! Passion, heart, duty, and honor is what fed this Legion machine to do what we did. A HUGE, HUGE, HUGE, HUGE amount of kudos needs to go to Phyllis Schulte who, by utilizing all her resources from previous years, collected $2717.00!!! That is better than half of the total earned!!! Phyllis, we salute you and your passion for this event. I wanted to also thank the rain for sparing us and allowing everyone to focus on the event and not getting wet!!!
As team captain for the first time, there was so much for me to learn. Between Phyllis and my contact from MSABC I could never have learned what I did on my own. One can only grow by learning from their mistakes and I made plenty. Hopefully, I will be allowed to give this another shot next year. It was my honor to be part of something that not only changes lives, but saves them. Just knowing that what we did can allow someone to enjoy another sunrise, to hold a loved one one more time, to laugh like they did before being forced to deal with something so terrible, and to give someone hope is pride like I have never felt before. But the icing on this cake comes from the troopers that I was allowed to stand beside to accomplish this. Thanks to each and every one of you. You remind me what What duty, honor, and Legion truly means.
I f you have not had the pleasure of viewing the pics from this year's event, http://s1099.photobucket.com/albums/g39 ... 1QQtppZZ32
The troopers who came out to support this year's event:
Jason Sands TD1590 Sand Trooper
Rob Hamilton Lucas TB 8310 Biker Scout
Janine Jender 4834 Jedi
Roland Batrouni TK4186 Stormtrooper (pink is truly your color :thumbs: )
Thomas "Crix" Turner 4913 Rebel Fleet Trooper
Phyllis Schulte 1951 Rebel Fleet Trooper
Steve Szyndrowski SL3052 Darth Vader
Dave Obaidallah 4185 Endor Trooper
Kevin "Rebel Doughboy" Skiera TK 9336 Stormtrooper
Neil Auer 3446 Death Star Gunner
Brian Troyan TB 8968 Biker Scout
Cheryl Whitaker TB 3127 Biker Scout
Aimee Jorgensen 101 Tusken Raider
Samantha Scholl Snowbunny Padme
Steve Mammen 7345 X-Wing Pilot
Steve Gaza TK 4034 Stormtrooper

Special thanks goes out to:
Cheryl's Mom, Rosa Winters... Our true inspiration.
The Jorgensen girls, Neil Auer's son, Roland Batrouni's counterparts, and Steve Gaza's Wife and Daughter who all braved the threatening weather to walk with us.

Schph Gochi
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1951

Re: Il-Aurora Fox Valley/60502 MSABC Walk-Sun 10/14/12

Post by Schph Gochi »

Nicely done everyone!

We are indeed a "fixture" at this event and have been there every year since it began at the Fox Valley walk. Lots of other walks have sprung up over the years, but the Fox Valley walk is home to our team.

Posting at the charity blog...
and thanks again to all of you!

adding my photos to the MWG Photobucket...

Runnin'6712
Garrison Event Coordinator
Garrison Event Coordinator
501st Legion ID: 6712

Re: Il-Aurora Fox Valley/60502 MSABC Walk-Sun 10/14/12

Post by Runnin'6712 »

Tod updated. :thumbs: