golddragon1974
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 9295

IL, Wheaton - All night Flea Market - 08/18/2012

Post by golddragon1974 »

Hey guys,

I will have to update this post after Celebration VI for pictures - not enough time to get them up on Flickr before we leave - but I wanted to get the written portion of my report up before we leave.

I arrived at the fairgrounds at 2pm, 2 hours before the event started. We were given the same space in the auction hall as last time in October, this time I had all the booth supplies and Andrew (JackKillian) and Heather (Miznumiko) and her husband were there to help build the displays. After building the displays - we basically hung around in street clothes until 6pm waiting for the sun to go down and for it to cool off a bit. After that Andrew, Matt McDonald (mattbobmcd) and I were the first in costume and we walked around the flea market with a sick Tom Schaefer (TK118) acting as our photographer and recording our antics. We were then later joined by Terry Beisel (Terryfett) as Boba Fett and even later by the other Robert Hamilton (vadersblade) as a biker scout. We were a big hit of the flea market with celebrities begging *us* for pictures :D. The night was about promoting the legion and what we do - there was no charity attached to this event - basically just a chance to get the word about the legion out to people - and there were A LOT of people. As Tom Schaefer mentioned - this is our chance to reach people who otherwise couldn't afford the big conventions and that we did. Many people and perspective legionnaires came by our table with questions and inquiries. It was a good day for the legion in Wheaton at the fairgrounds.

Pictures will be forthcoming (after CVI and return from Florida). List of attendees:

Robert Hamilton (me)(IS 9295) I was there as Outlaw 7 from the Rebel Legion
Andrew Marsh (JackKillian) Ti-2079 - AT AT Driver
Robert L Hamilton (vadersblade) TB 8310 - Biker Scout
Matt McDonald (mattbobmcd) TK 8148 - Stormtrooper
Terry Beisel (TerryFett) BH 3259 - Boba Fett / Master Jedi Plo-Koon

And thanks to non-costuming support staff:

Heather Frelichowski
Nicholas Frelichowski
James Norman
Jillian Weber
Tom Schaefer
Cathy Tomczak