Moderator: Garrison Officers

psykojedi7956
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 7956

IL-Rockford-SW Reads-10/5/12

Post by psykojedi7956 »

We decided to do things a bit earlier than the rest, as Saturday was too busy in Rockford to have another event. Erin, the owner, decided to do the event at Wonderland Books and Toys on Friday evening. The bookstore saw more dads come out than any other day or event held there. As neither Jen or I had a camera, we have to wait until Wonderland posts theirs.
There were several stations for the participants to enjoy, such as Free Han Solo from Carbonite (laminated pic of Han in Carbonite encased in a block of ice, and one had to free it by shooting the ice with water using squirt blasters), Make your own Yoda Sodas, Dagobah Swamp experiments (Antacid effervescent tablets in water bottles filled with vegetable oil, water, food coloring, and glitter), Star Wars zipper pulls (made from bottle caps and pictures cut out of comics), Make Your Own Lightsaber (toilet paper tubes and balloon-animal balloons), and Trooper Code Cracking (throughout the mall there were sheets of paper with various Mandelorian letters that spelled out a message). Overall, it was a fun event.

Troopers:
5365- Jennifer Loomis (CT)
7956- Anthony Day (CT/Anakin- yes, I did both as night time is great for sabers to be seen)

Here's one pic that I found from Friday on Facebook (hopefully everyone can see it):
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 0577_o.jpg

bassclarinets
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 5365

Re: IL-Rockford-SW Reads-10/5/12

Post by bassclarinets »

We have been promised more pics (steph from wonderland is going to email them to us)..

My favorite non-star-wars moment of the evening was when the owner's daughter was dragging around the suitcase that the Jedi costume we loaned the owner was in telling everyone that she was leaving to go to Africa.. ;)

Best moment in armor was when Anthony was stopped by a few older ladies from the beauty shop who needed pictures (even though they still had capes on).. It was a BLAST!!

Jen
"one way of developing character is to help the less fortunate. Getting insulted for several hours is the least I can do." - Judge Tony Polumbo

bassclarinets
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 5365

Post by bassclarinets »

still waiting on the full cadre of pics from wonderland - but we do have this one of us with steph (wonderland employee) as she is dressed as mara jade (yes.. we are working on recruiting her).. she would have done a jumpsuit but it was COOOLLLLLDDDDD! :)

jen

ps - forgive us for not being more on top of pics - but we have both had a lot on our minds (if you are friends with us on FB, you can see why)...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"one way of developing character is to help the less fortunate. Getting insulted for several hours is the least I can do." - Judge Tony Polumbo

Runnin'6712
Garrison Event Coordinator
Garrison Event Coordinator
501st Legion ID: 6712

Post by Runnin'6712 »

ToD updated. Great job!