Moderator: Garrison Officers

teach42
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 9526

IL - Chicago/60618 - SW Experience Petco LFL - Sun 9/1/13

Post by teach42 »

This was definiteliy one of the more interesting events I've done! Costumed chars and pets always make for a lively setting :)

Petco was launching a new line of SW themed costumes and chew toys for pets and wanted to kick things off in grand fashion. We had a TIE, Vader and Tusken on hand, and Aiden joined us midway through as a clone.

Petco had a green screen photo set in the store and a professional photographer, which was a nice touch. Also, Paws came in and had an adoption station with some of the most adorable pups and kittens you've ever seen. A few were even 'character-friendly'!

On the whole, it was an interesting troop to say the least. Some of the pets were VERY adverse to getting too close, but there were tons of smiles all around and lots of photo-ops. We spent a good amount of time outside trying to wrangle people in from the strip mall, and got a lot of smiles and honks from cars passing by. And I will say, some of the most unusual Tusken pics I"ve seen yet! (see below)

ToD (2 hours):
PetCo is made one big donation for the seven nationwide locations that these events happened at. The donation was stated to be $2500.

9526 - Teach42
9989 - TKvanB
2875 - Chicagovader1975

Runnin'6712
Garrison Event Coordinator
Garrison Event Coordinator
501st Legion ID: 6712

Re: IL - Chicago/60618 - SW Experience Petco LFL - Sun 9/1/1

Post by Runnin'6712 »

ToD updated. Looks like fun! :thumbs: