Moderator: Garrison Officers

woulf
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 7345

IL - Plainfield/60544 - SW reads day - SAT 1PM to 4PM

Post by woulf »

This was the 2nd year the Plainfeild Library participated in Star Wars Reads Day. As I was their contact and coordinator last year, as soon as they started planning I received the call to coordinate this years. Once again the library and staff went all out with crafts and activities for the children. This year with the planning in advance, they had been advertising our appearance, and they doubled their attendance with over 800 visitors this year.
We were also allowed, once again, to have a donation jug present for the strides team, and we raised $35.
The childrens dept. director's husband played the part of Vader for us, so it freed up another so we could have a diverse group of costumes. He has said he is retiring this year, so next year we will need a Vader.

Many thanks to the participants. I am floored by the group we had, and with so many events and choices, thank you all for choosing this one. The library was once again extremely happy with us, and have already put in their letter of intent, should we get a SWRD III.

11 troopers x 3 hours = 33 hours

Donations = $35 for make strides team

Troopers:
Steve, 7345 - X-wing pilot EC
Rob, 8310 - Boba Fett
Phyllis, 1951 - Gunner
Matt, 8596 - TK
Jody, 6443 - Tusken
Kim, 12108 - Tusken
Steve, 3052 - RFT
David, 4185 - RFT
Tim, Tymae Yarmoo (RL) - Jedi
Pat, Janqui (RL) - Jedi
Janine, 4838 - Handler/photo

Photographer, Hawk Worley, Thanks for all the pics Hawk!

Slide show: http://s1099.photobucket.com/user/Midwe ... %20Library

The baddest bounty hunter in the galaxy, passes on some tips to the empire's finest :mrgreen:

A man might befriend a wolf, even break a wolf, but no man could truly tame a wolf.
George RR Martin

Runnin'6712
Garrison Event Coordinator
Garrison Event Coordinator
501st Legion ID: 6712

Re: IL - Plainfield/60544 - SW reads day - SAT 1PM to 4PM

Post by Runnin'6712 »

ToD updated. Great job! :thumbs: