Moderator: Garrison Officers

Schph Gochi
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 1951

IL - Chicago/60625 -Author Jeffrey Brown Event 9-21-13

Post by Schph Gochi »

His books are on the National Best Seller list, and if you have ever seen the books then you know why.
Jeffrey Brown was scheduled to appear at the Sulzer Regional Library in Chicago's Lincoln Park on 9-21-03 for a talk and booksigning aimed at children and their families.

Anne Riddick from the Library put in a request to the Midwest Garrison for a Darth Vader and any costumed characters to appear at the end of Mr. Brown's event. As even coordinator, my first duty was to get a Vader. Thankfully Aaron Brigman stood at the ready. Aaron lives on the north side of Chicago so it was a perfect fit.

Vader and his entourage were hidden away in the basement of the library until just the right moment after Mr. Brown concluded his talk on illustrating and writing these great books. With the Imperial March playing, it was our turn to invade the auditorium. While Mr. Brown was signing copies of his book, his fans in the waiting line were encouraged to take photos with us.

As the event concluded, we were given a very nice surprise by Mr. Brown. Apparently, Jeffrey made several drawings while talking to the group during the event. He signed all of the drawings that he had made and gave them to me to be auctioned off for our Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event.

Oh...and in case you are wondering why there was a Hoth Rebel Trooper there, I wore that costume just for Mr. Brown. During an interview that Jeffrey did with the Star Wars Insider, he stated that his favorite action figure when he was a kid was the Hoth Rebels Troopers. Costume selection became a no brainer for me.

My most sincere thanks go out to our participants:

SL2875 - Aaron Brigman - Vader
TS9989 - Kathy VanBueningen - Snowtrooper
New recruit Chris Cauwels - no # as yet - Imperial Crew
TK1951 - Phyllis Schulte-Hoth Rebel Trooper

This is Mr. Brown signing the Boba Fett drawing he donated to us:

And these are the signed drawings that will be up for auction in the very near future for our Making Strides Against Breast Cancer team.

Schph Gochi
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1951

Re: IL - Chicago/60625 -Author Jeffrey Brown Event 9-21-13

Post by Schph Gochi »

I got a message from our contact after this event that I would like to share with the participants:

I can't thank you enough for coming to the library to share your love of Star Wars with the kids. I had so many parents come up to me afterwards to tell me that they will not put Jeff's book down--and they are super excited about reading. In the library of course, we deal with pushing stories everyday--and the Star Wars stories are some of the most appealing in the literary landscape. This was very clear when I was talking to parents and they shared with me their experiences seeing the Star Wars movie for the first time.

Thank you again for your time and your inspiration to the children. It was great fun!

Thank you all again...

TI4438
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 4438

Re: IL - Chicago/60625 -Author Jeffrey Brown Event 9-21-13

Post by TI4438 »

Awesome!

Runnin'6712
Garrison Event Coordinator
Garrison Event Coordinator
501st Legion ID: 6712