Moderator: Garrison Officers

TD30303
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 30303

IL-Broadview-Autism Parade & Cookout- 7/27/13 SAT

Post by TD30303 »

On Saturday, July 27th, the Midwest Garrison attended the Autism Parade & Cookout in Broadview, sponsored by The Answer, LLC. The Answer is an organization that provides services to those effected by Autism & other developmental illnesses.

In attendance from the MWG were a TK (Tormental) and TD (TD30303). They both marched the parade and were in attendance at the cookout, arriving at around 1pm and departing around 3pm. As a surprise to both Tormental & TD30303, after they suited up, they were told the parade was actually starting about a mile away at the firehouse. They both double timed it over to the fire house, about a mile away, and made it to the start of the parade just in time. At the firehouse the firemen, police officers and Mayor of Broadview were thrilled to see the troopers, and were a fan favorite.

The troopers were a hit along the parade route, and the 50-100 people along the parade route were thrilled to see the troopers up close! At the site, both troopers posed for lots of pictures with the 100 people in attendance. Both troopers arrived around 12:30, and departed for the parade around 1pm. After the parade they hung around the cookout till approximately 3pm.

Our contact from the Answer, Debra was thrilled for the participation of the 501st. She thanked us quite a few times and will be letting me know if there were any donations made to The Answer thanks to our participation in the event.

Mrs. TD30303 & his little Jawas were on hand to take pictures of the event which will be posted on the Photobucket site. As for my second troop and my first one leading an event, it was an absolute joy. I look forward to more events where I can represent the 501st and the Midwest Garrison. Special Thanks to Tormental for making sure it wasn't a one-man parade. Literally.

Thanks all, all my best, and see you soon.
TD30303

Schph Gochi
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1951

Re: IL-Broadview-Autism Parade & Cookout- 7/27/13 SAT

Post by Schph Gochi »

lol...they should have given you a ride to the start on one of the Fire Trucks....

:D

Let me know if there are any charitable donations....

nicely done guys...

Runnin'6712
Garrison Event Coordinator
Garrison Event Coordinator
501st Legion ID: 6712

Re: IL-Broadview-Autism Parade & Cookout- 7/27/13 SAT

Post by Runnin'6712 »

ToD updated. :thumbs: